Tutorial: How to make a Zen V:M LOD (with pictures)
Sep 29, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #46 of 55
Well I finally plucked up the courage to begin soldering and i'm pleased to say... it worked!

It has ended up being one of those cables with a huge dollop of glue on the end instead of the plastic dock, i'm just glad it worked! And I know how to avoid this for next time...

I also ran into a problem when my markers for the cables came loose whilst braiding. I knew I had one ground, and one audio. So I soldered these onto the right pins and plugged it into the amp & zen, I then just touched the remaining wires to the remaining pins. My face lit up when the right channel kicked in!!!

I've now ordered some more parts, a better plug and thinner cable, i'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again maaaaaang! Couldn't have done it without this tutorial
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #47 of 55
Nice, happy it worked.

Oct 5, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #48 of 55
Great tutorial! Thanks. In regards to the resistor, do you recommend any specific brands?

Oct 6, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by applevalleyjoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great tutorial! Thanks. In regards to the resistor, do you recommend any specific brands?

The resistor is used only so that the ZVM can detect the dock. The resistor will have zero affect on SQ, so use whatever resistor is available to you at a low price. Don't feel the need to use a boutique resistor!

Oct 6, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #50 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbyers77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The resistor is used only so that the ZVM can detect the dock. The resistor will have zero affect on SQ, so use whatever resistor is available to you at a low price. Don't feel the need to use a boutique resistor!

Exactly, radio shack resistors work fine!

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #52 of 55
nevermind,....

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #54 of 55
Thats pretty... thanks for the guide... nice job i must add
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #55 of 55
Thanks guys!! I appreciate the feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back