Turtle Beach Santa Cruz vs. Audigy
Sep 18, 2002 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

minya

Headphoneus Supremus
Is the difference really remarkable?

Probably my main source of listening is my computer w/ an Audigy soundcard -> Technics receiver. I mostly listen to MP3s and audio CDs, and some vinyl (Technics 1200 turntable w/ Audio Technica cart). I've read several reports on head-fi that claim the Santa Cruz to be a much better card in terms of audio quality than the Audigy. My computer use is about 75% audio/MP3, 25% gaming, so I won't mind the loss of 'gaming sound' features from the Audigy.

The Santa Cruz is a great price (apprx. $60) ... is it worth switching soundcards?

Sep 18, 2002 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 4
Only if you like a lower noise table, better lower end frequency response, and improved imaging. Basically, the card uses superior DACs and internal amp / components for fidelity. You can also run both in the same machine and have the best of both worlds.

Sep 20, 2002 at 5:53 AM Post #3 of 4
To answer your question, IMO no, the difference is minute. If you already have the audigy, there is really no reason to put out extra money to get the santa cruz.

Sep 20, 2002 at 6:36 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
To answer your question, IMO no, the difference is minute. If you already have the audigy, there is really no reason to put out extra money to get the santa cruz.

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll forgo this soundcard upgrade and perhaps invest in some V6's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back