Turntable setup: Schiit magni or JDS cmoybb 2.03 for ATH-m50's
Jan 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

baconbringer

New Head-Fier
Hello, what would you guys recommend between the JDS labs cmoybb 2.03 and the Schiit magni for driving ATH-M50's? I understand one is portable and one is desktop but the cmoybb would be plugged in and used at a desktop. I would be using this mainly for a vinyl record setup so it would be plugged mainly into my phono preamp, not very much DAC use most likey, but maybe occasionaly (I have a xonar dx soundcard, which will suffice for my digital music needs). Anyways, thoughts? Reviews for the cmoybb are very good and it would be customized by the builder for my headphones, which would be nice. Early reviews for the magni are also pretty good. Also, if you have other amp suggestions in the $100 and less category I'd love to hear them.

I also should mention I am currently using my M-audio AV-40 active speakers to drive my headphones, it is aright but it leaves something to be desired (mainly volume and bass). While I was at my parents for the holiday's I used my dads 1990's (maybe late 80's?) Sony reciever and it sounded really nice and loud and the bass was very loud yet pronounced and not at all muddy. I'm looking for sound like that. He said I could have it but I don't have any room left in my apartment 
frown.gif
. I listen to rock, classic rock, some electronic pop, and I go on hip-hop and rap streaks every once in a while.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back