Turntable help!
Jan 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #16 of 25

Ok I got the picture post to work. Do you guys see how my cartridge is on a slight angle? Is it supposed to look like that? I used to DJ with these turntables as a teenager years ago, and this table was put in the attic for storage. I just wanna know if my tonearm seems to be bent, and where I can purchase a high quality tone-arm. Thanks.

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #18 of 25
DO you have any Idea why this would be doing this? I have 2 of the same turntable and they both have the same slight angle. There is no way that they were both bent the same. Everything sounds fine, but I was just curious. 

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #21 of 25
OH MY GOD IT WORKS. I'm so happy now u can't even explain. I opened that sucker up and straightened out some wires (they looked horribly cramped) and by Jove, it works!! I put or Permanent Waves by Rush, and I was EXTATIC to hear a full sound from the left channel!! The clicks and pops are a tad more noticeable, but that might be me getting back into vinyl after a week of all digital. God this is incredible. Thank you so much!!

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #23 of 25
Thats not my arm that's bent like that. Who are you talking too? My tonearm is straight and level.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #25 of 25

So what do you think? Did I get it right? I feel like its like a hairline measure from perfect, or am I just being too Meticulous? What do you think? Either way, thanks for the help.

Shure M97xe or the Denon DL-110? I want a nice cartridge to really bring out the soundstage at a economical price and these seem to be fairly priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back