TurboDock impact
Jan 28, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #151 of 155
Left this thread for a while, five pages later and... Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot
Three dimensional, invisible, sound molecules... I'm gonna have to get me one o'these!

Still being an ass I see.
rolleyes.gif

If you read Turbo's post again and notice how he is skirting around the explination of his 'MFET' technology you will come to one of two conclusions. Either he is selling snake oil or he doesn't want to give too much information to avoid scavengers copying his idea. There may also be a language barrier there. Is it really so hard to believe that there could be some sort of treatment or process that wouldn't necissarily be visible? I mean, metal reacts with oxygen... maybe he is sealing it in a special way. You've heard of cryogenic treatments right? Maybe it is something like that. Who knows? Why not speculate on it with absolutely no information and shoot off your mouth? Sounds like a plan.
plainface.gif

I do know one thing, Turbo is a nice guy, and he made the mistake of coming in here and defending his product. He should have just let it be and avoided getting attacked by you. He is not even posting in this thread anymore and you are still tacking witty one liners at the ends of your messages.

What's the deal man? Why can't you seem to play nice around here? Half the time it seems like you are arguing just for the sake of it and if someone says something that you can't immediately stomp down you just ignore the post. Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot
My question is, how can firewire interfere with the the line out if there's no firewire cable plugged in? I'm not trying to grill you, it's just that your responses are very nebulous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
No prob. Hope, this answer your question.

There is no firewire cable connected, but there is a firewire circuit in the player itself, that even thou, you don’t have it connected, it induces a loop back noise when the player is on. This is transfered to the pins of the connector. If this is nebulous, I dont know what would be my next project. Thank you.

I don't believe you responded to this.

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #152 of 155
BUT, there's still pins inside the connector. This was what I saw in the post showing the JAE connector. The opposite of the Apple connecter which is covered in wax or some other substance.
I didn't read anyone knocking Turbo's product, quite the opposite.

Jan 28, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #153 of 155
Anyone who has ever wired up a connector knows what the problem is with that explanation. The firewire and the line out don't connect with each other any more in the dock than they do in the iPod itself. The pins in the connector are isolated from each other. Inside the iPod, the leads run together in a ribbon cable to the back side of the connector port. the quarter inch of wire in the dock isn't going to change that.

You've stated it very well when you said either he doesn't want to say anything or he is a snake oil salesman. I'm willing to leave it at that.

See ya
Steve

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #154 of 155
I can't believe this thread is actually 8 pages long. Got a Turbo Dock II and I love it. Sounds amazing. I prefer its sound over the pocketdock, SikDin, and Apple cradle.

There are several manufacturers that don't advertise here at all and don't take this kind of heat. Anyone ever ordered a Grover cable? No MallFi ad, no website, nothing. Just a killer product at a great price. Certainly doesn't seem like Grover has taken this same kind of heat.

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #155 of 155
Regarding Grover, he speaks very little of his cables. Almost nothing, everything mentioned about Grovers are from listeners
smily_headphones1.gif
He's kind of a back stage kind of guy. He also doesnt outwardly challenge other vendors to make more sales
wink.gif

Grover keeps to himself and rarely posts anything at all. He lets his product speak for itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back