Turbines $65 New... worth a go?
Jun 5, 2011 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

craiglester

Headphoneus Supremus
So Tanga has NEW not refurbished Monster Turbines for $65 today... with my W3's out of action.. think these are worth a punt at that price?

Opinions welcomed

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #4 of 8
For $65, you could do a lot worst.  If they're legit, grab them for a back up pair or for something on the go or just want to listen to something fun or watching movies, et al.  Though Selenium is right, they are fairly bassy, something to keep in mind if you're the type that likes the cleaner, analytical signatures.

Jun 6, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 8
I purchased them for my cousin and my girlfriend when they went for $60 on Amazon new...

Finally listened to them after reviewing the Coppers.  Let me just say that when they go on sale again for $60, I plan on buying a pair.

They don't hit as hard in the bass as the Coppers but that is preferable to me much of the time because there is more balance with the Turbines (to me).

I like the easygoing, all-around nature of the Turbines. 

But, do they fill a spot in your lineup?  I wouldn't mind some lower priced, dynamic iems in my stable that I think are good with just about everything.

Jun 6, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 8
I highly doubt Tanga is an authorized reseller of Monster. Seeing how Monster is a stickler about authorized dealer/warrenty, $65 is not a good deal for Turbines.

Besides the page lists warrenty as 30 days

Jun 6, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 8
If Tanga is not an authorized reseller...I would think you would want to wait until you have a chance at authorized product.

But I am subscribed to the "Deals Thread".  That's how I bought UE TF10 and Turbines.  I pretty much am just waiting for those to pop up again at Amazon for friends or myself!

TF10 seems to be $99 for reduced system/packaging about once a year near the winter holidays (before or after) and the Turbines were around then too for $60.

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #8 of 8
Called Tanga, theyre NOT authorised Resellers and as such there is NO manuafacturer warranty after the 30 days. I decided not to chance it..

thanks for the heads up.. Didn't know monster were so anal about their warranty. Not surprising though, knowing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back