TUF2 (Ultimate Fighter) Finale
Dec 12, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #16 of 24
Liddell was able to secure the KO because Couture decided to try to box. After all, he outboxed Liddell in the first match, but that was years ago. This time, if Couture decides to try to clinch and take down Liddell, there's little chance it will be like Liddell vs. Horn. I suppose it's possible, but Horn is not the wrestler and clinch expert Couture is.

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #17 of 24
I'm really looking foward to Lidell Couture 3... it should be an amazing fight. I think that Lidell is going to squeeze out a victory though, but we'll see what happens, this fight could really go either way.

I can't wait for TUF3 to start... Shamrock and Ortiz, hell yes.
icon10.gif
I also can't wait to see Tito Ortiz fight Forrest Griffin.

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #18 of 24
Are you serious? Forrest is in some real trouble unless I'm horribly wrong.

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #19 of 24
Yeah, Ortiz signed on for, I think it was a 3 fight contract. If I remember correctly he's going to fight Ken Shamrock, Forrest Griffin, and another opponent to be named later.

I've always hated Tito Ortiz so I hope Forrest kicks his ass.
icon10.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #20 of 24
I don't think Tito's fights are very entertaining to watch, but with Forrest's stand up, he's not going to KO Tito, and thus Tito will GnP (how does GnP stand for Lay and Pray? I never figured that one out) Forrest into oblivion. Wanderlei and Belfort both didn't KO Tito, and that was in Wand's glory days.

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:03 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
I don't think Tito's fights are very entertaining to watch, but with Forrest's stand up, he's not going to KO Tito, and thus Tito will GnP (how does GnP stand for Lay and Pray? I never figured that one out) Forrest into oblivion. Wanderlei and Belfort both didn't KO Tito, and that was in Wand's glory days.

I thought GnP = ground and pound.... but I guess lay and pray works too.

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #22 of 24
Must we really see another dreadful Ortiz-Shamrock fight? When will Shamrock take the hint and go away
frown.gif

Couture did well outboxing Liddell in the first fight, but after fight two, he should stay away from it. He might be able to outbox him twice, but that leaves Liddell the best window of opportunity. Couture needs to take the fight to the ground quickly at the beginning of every round and keep it there. Not many fighters in the game right now that have an answer for it.

I think at this stage Ortiz-Griffin might be interesting. Griffin is tough, and Ortiz's better days are somewhat behind him, plus he's had a few blows to his confidance over the past few years. A tough/resilant opponent could discourage him. I'd still go with Ortiz, but I wouldn't be at all surprised...

You know, Ortiz/Shamrock for TUF3 is good, but I would love to see Tank Abbott and Cabbage as coaches
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9kRPM
I thought GnP = ground and pound.... but I guess lay and pray works too.

That is what Tito does.
wink.gif
The Coleman crew, as well, for the last couple years. Randy Couture is probably the most active GnP'er, but it's just not as entertaining as a guy striving to finish via KO or sub.

UFC has too many no talent guys, but you better watch out for Ken Shamrock - he's teaching our marines how to kill
smily_headphones1.gif
http://www.kenshamrock.com/news.php?.../articles/news

Dec 12, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #24 of 24
I'm real interested to see if age is gonna catch up with Couture here. The guy is getting older and older (although it may not seem like it) and its gonna catch up to him eventually. I agree that if he catches Liddell down more than likely its his game but I don't think Liddell is running around practicing knockouts only for Couture either - plus the first fight was long ago so he won't easily be caught like that again. The guy has some impressive takedown defense. Its gonna be a good one.

Ortiz.. I wouldn't call his game lay and pray. He is constantly working, and throwing those short 'bows whiles he's on top. I think Griffin is still too green for someone of his cailbur. Definitely one of the top GnP guys in his day.

Shamrock is done... these next seasons will only cement that reality for "the worlds most dangerous man".. what a load of garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back