TUBES SITES faq - add your fav's here
Jul 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #76 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audiogon.com seller Paul_lindemann

I recently found audio tube serious hobbyist/vendor Paul_lindemann on Audiogon from his listing of many NOS tubes, including 6SN7 and 5751 from a variety of sought-after companies. I let him know that I was interested in trying some high-end 5751 tubes. A few weeks later, I purchased from him three pairs of 5751's:
Raytheon Double Mica Black Plate with Windmill Getter,
Raytheon Triple Mica Black Plate,
RCA Triple Mica Black Plate.

The TMBP tubes were less than I've been seeing NOS Sylvanias sell for on ebay, and the Raytheon Windmill Getter tubes were more, but not a whole lot more.

He is also a good source for NOS 6SN7 tubes.

Contact him and let him know what you're looking for.
I'm really happy that I did.

(Usual disclaimer: I'm not associated with Paul in any way. Just a happy customer wanting to share a "good source" of good tubes with my fellow headphone sound lovers).

I want to second this endorsement of Paul. He has excellent customer service and is a very nice person.

I bought:
2pr Sylvania VT-231
1pr WE 2C51
1pr CBS 5692 brown base
1pr Sylvania 2C51

Sep 15, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #77 of 96
I've just started switching around some newly acquired NOS tubes. Right now I'm using:

Sylvania 12sn7 on gain
2x Sylvania 6bl7gt on output

Music flows smoothly through my 2 Sony's. Great tubes.

Oct 4, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #78 of 96
Does anyone know good store in Europe for tubes? Because its a little expensive buying tubes from US for me. Shipping and taxes, customs are high. And i am looking tubes for my Darkvoice 336i.

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #84 of 96
Would like to share this link with you, nice stock of NOS tubes.
(Philips, Telefunken, Amperex, RCA etc..)

High Fidelity Tubes

They are based in Europe (the Netherlands), respond quickly to your questions and also have a nice collection of datasheets available for free.

Greetings,
TubeFreak

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #85 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElephantTLK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know good store in Europe for tubes? Because its a little expensive buying tubes from US for me. Shipping and taxes, customs are high. And i am looking tubes for my Darkvoice 336i.

have a look here... High Fidelity Tubes

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #86 of 96
I have had a deal or two with Audiotriodes.com Not a lot of tube types, but I found what I wanted.

In the USA Antique Electronic Supply carries authentic new Winged C - the real Svetlana - tubes. These are well made, rugged, good sounding power tubes that do not command NOS premium prices. If you find a US source for the Winged C small signal tubes, please post it here.

For what it is worth, all of the 6N1P-EV tubes I have seen, no matter what else is printed on them, are made by Voskhod. So don't pay extra for a rebrand. The 6N1P non -EV (or -EB) from the probably defunct Orel factory is available from Audiotriodes. See this guide: Russian Tube Factories and Logos

Don't underestimate the 6N1P types. Alan Kimmel states that they have "superior transparency and linearity."

Clark

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #88 of 96
I had a good experience buying an Amperex 8416 from MDB Ventures:
MDB Ventures
The site is one of the best organized, and fun to search around in. I'm not a big fan of places where you have to call to see if things are in stock, or if you have to fill out a form. With MDB, you just e-mail them, and they send an invoice. Recommended.

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #90 of 96
Thanks guys for some great places to get more reference on audio discussion.n Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back