TUBES SITES faq - add your fav's here
Mar 29, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #61 of 96
Very good work! However, the link under "Tubes" for Surplus Sales of Nebraska is not DEAD, just changed:
Surplus Sales of Nebraska - Tubes and Accessories
They even carry CRT's and Geiger Tubes, in addition to a very extensive list of vacuum tubes.
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #62 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very good work! However, the link under "Tubes" for Surplus Sales of Nebraska is not DEAD, just changed...

...that's great and useful .... but did you have to quote the whole message as opposed to just the one line?
tongue.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #63 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by m8o /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...that's great and useful .... but did you have to quote the whole message as opposed to just the one line?
tongue.gif

'scuuuse me!

Jul 16, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #65 of 96
In my quest to find out more about tubes, I have come across a site which has tons of scanned manuals for Tube Testers as well as a lot of Tube charts to go with the manuals. The site is:-

http://bama.sbc.edu/index.htm

The site is actually more directed to old Radio receiver manuals etc, but has buckets of tube tester manuals. And it is free. Note the access for non registered users is somewhat limited, but I didn't have any problems downloading a couple of manuals.

I hope this is helpful to someone out there

cheers
Simon

Oct 28, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #67 of 96
I have to admit, Im really a complete noobie so don't flame me too bad
smily_headphones1.gif
Im just starting to get into the audio world. Just picked up my first DAC and headphone amp and Im extremely happy with my purchases.

I went to www.miniatureaudio.com to get my stuff. I think its' new (or maybe the forum is just new) but anyways the prices are very good, especially given the quality of what I got. Honestly I was really shocked and just how much of a difference the sound quality could make.

Hope someone finds it useful
smily_headphones1.gif
Happy to be aboard!

Jan 27, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #71 of 96
Audiogon.com seller Paul_lindemann

I recently found audio tube serious hobbyist/vendor Paul_lindemann on Audiogon from his listing of many NOS tubes, including 6SN7 and 5751 from a variety of sought-after companies. I let him know that I was interested in trying some high-end 5751 tubes. A few weeks later, I purchased from him three pairs of 5751's:
Raytheon Double Mica Black Plate with Windmill Getter,
Raytheon Triple Mica Black Plate,
RCA Triple Mica Black Plate.

The TMBP tubes were less than I've been seeing NOS Sylvanias sell for on ebay, and the Raytheon Windmill Getter tubes were more, but not a whole lot more.

He is also a good source for NOS 6SN7 tubes.

Contact him and let him know what you're looking for.
I'm really happy that I did.

(Usual disclaimer: I'm not associated with Paul in any way. Just a happy customer wanting to share a "good source" of good tubes with my fellow headphone sound lovers).

BTW, the Raytheon 5751 windmill getter tube really DOES live up to the legendary accounts about it. Even nicer that I didn't have to pay a legendary price for it.

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #72 of 96
im looking to upgrade my tubes on my earmax, can you people in the know please tell me which ecc81 and ecc88's are best sounding. or the varients if they are compatible.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #74 of 96
Jul 9, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #75 of 96
nice thread. i`m going to built some tube preamp or amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back