tube sounding Op amp for the cmoy
Sep 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tjj226 Angel

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello all, 

I helping someone build a cmoy pocket amp. I have all the parts I need, but I am looking for a good op amp to pair with the circuit. 

I am looking for something that is extremely tube like, or something that is generally found as "the best op amp" (or at least most popular op amp) to go in the amp. 

Just as an FYI, I want this to be as hi-fi as possible. I have some rubycon and vintage russian PIO caps that I am sticking into this thing since they are just lying around my house. That being said, I REALLY want to find an op amp that will complement those parts. 

If anyone is willing to help, I offer my thanks in advance. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 4
Can't provide any help I'm afraid since I'm also trying to narrow down the "best" op-amp options for the Cmoy I'll be building soon to about half a dozen that'll compliment a pair of UE TripleFi 10 IEMs, but I'm curious where you got those caps from? Were they left over from a previous project, or did you pull them out of something else?

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 4
  Can't provide any help I'm afraid since I'm also trying to narrow down the "best" op-amp options for the Cmoy I'll be building soon to about half a dozen that'll compliment a pair of UE TripleFi 10 IEMs, but I'm curious where you got those caps from? Were they left over from a previous project, or did you pull them out of something else?

Ebay. However, they were from a previous project. Technically Wima film capacitors are better, however I hope to tweak the design to make these work as well as they should. 

Not sure if it's tube-like but maybe Muse01? Good luck trying to find one that's not from some dodgy ebay china seller though.

I will look into it, thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back