Tube seminar in Silverdale, Washington Oct 3-5
Sep 23, 2003 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 31
Yes sorry about that. I changed it. You going to be there?

I want to start a poll of head-fi people that are going to show up so we can also arrange a headphone meet perhaps (my place?). Or we could probably do it at my buddies shop in silverdale. (Its a pro audio store with a very nice recording studio).

Sep 23, 2003 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 31
I'm not sure who else will go. I'm going to try to go out Saturday. I think vwap is also thinking Saturday. I know Budgie is going to be there for both weekend days (he's not from this area but is coming in for the show). He and I were going to try to hook up there. I believe Tuberoller said that he'll be there as well.

Perhaps you should start something official for either just a gather of Head-Fi people at VSAC or perhaps an additional meet as part of it.

Sep 23, 2003 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 31
Well since u have arranged this sort of thing before, ill leave it to you. My friend has agreed to provide space for us at his store (which is located right next to the hotel the seminar is at). So jsut name what day and the time and who will be there. The rooms are to costly to do it at the hotel (especially when we have a store we can use).

Sep 24, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Wilson M.
I think vwap is also thinking Saturday.

Vwap actually can't go.. He thought it about it, but then realized that.. the LSATs are on the same day.
tongue.gif

Oh well.

Sep 24, 2003 at 10:04 PM Post #7 of 31
You just generally suck, don't you?
wink.gif

Well, hopefully you can make the next meet which I'm hoping will be near the end of October. Eric has his HE90s and KGSS. I will have Omega 2s and KGSS plus HP-1s and Maestrobator. ppl will have his PPAs.

If that's still not enough to get you to a meet then I give up.
tongue.gif

Sep 24, 2003 at 10:10 PM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by vwap
Vwap actually can't go.. He thought it about it, but then realized that.. the LSATs are on the same day.
tongue.gif

Oh well.

vwap's gonna be a lawyer? scary...

the top useless posters are going to be a lawyer and a doctor. makes you wonder what rizumu will be when he grows up.

good luck on the lsats btw.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2003 at 10:53 PM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
vwap's gonna be a lawyer? scary...

the top useless posters are going to be a lawyer and a doctor. makes you wonder what rizumu will be when he grows up.

I'm curious what exactly an aspiring doctor is doing, having the time to pore through a meet thread ... in Washington.
smily_headphones1.gif
Maybe I'll be suing you for malpractice one day..
wink.gif

and yes, Wilson, I just generally suck
wink.gif
If anything, your Colnago should attract me there. As of yet, though, there's always been something-or-other going on.. I'd like to hear the Omega2's and the Maestrobator sometime, though... We'll see how time pans out, though..
frown.gif

Have fun at VSAC, though!

Sep 24, 2003 at 11:07 PM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by vwap
I'm curious what exactly an aspiring doctor is doing, having the time to pore through a meet thread ... in Washington.
smily_headphones1.gif
Maybe I'll be suing you for malpractice one day..
wink.gif

i was more hoping you'd be defending my ass. lordy...

Sep 24, 2003 at 11:23 PM Post #12 of 31
yo vwap, i think wilson just called you a theif. you gonna take that?
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2003 at 7:28 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
yo vwap, i think wilson just called you a theif. you gonna take that?
tongue.gif

Hah.. considering you're the one in med school, and I haven't even finished my undergraduate degree (much less taken the LSATs), looks like you're the only aspiring thief here...
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2003 at 7:59 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Wilson M.
You just generally suck, don't you?
wink.gif

Well, hopefully you can make the next meet which I'm hoping will be near the end of October. Eric has his HE90s and KGSS. I will have Omega 2s and KGSS plus HP-1s and Maestrobator. ppl will have his PPAs.

Excellent!
biggrin.gif
I (for one) would sure love to give both the HE90 and SR-007 a more serious (i.e. longer) audition, and would be grateful for any opportunity to do so. Ditto with the HP-1s.

Now, if someone in the Seattle area had a Sony R10 and decided to show up, I'd happily crawl to the next meet on my hands and knees for the chance to compare all those awesome headphones in one place... Would be cool if people decided to bring some of their humbler (but still good) cans as well like Grado SR-225, Sony MDR-CD3000, etc. for us mortals who may never buy the HE90 but would love to audition some stuff they're more likely to be buying in the future.

Sep 25, 2003 at 8:15 AM Post #15 of 31
Actually, try Hawthorne Stereo. braillediver mentioned that they were supposed to be getting R10s and probably Omega 2s but when I called them, the guy who answered said that all he knew about were the CD3000s.

xtreme4099 actually resurrected my SR-225 (it had a broken gimbel which he glued together). It just needs flat pads.

I almost bought bluesaint's second pair of R10s but his asking price was a bit high. (I was REALLY tempted.) Oh well, maybe when I get a new job.

I'll have fun building the KGSS. Should be pretty quick other than waiting for the custom transformer (couple weeks) and the Omega 2s themselves (couple weeks).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back