Tube Amp Repair Information
May 9, 2022 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Guinibee

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all!

I just purchased a gorgeous Quicksilver Audio Headphone amp from a really great seller who is active both here and on reddit.

From what I've learned, Quicksilver amps are covered by a 3 year warranty with the original buyer. The seller, being an awesome guy, has offered to help me out if the need should arise that I have to send this back to Quicksilver for a repair.

Let me be clear, I'm not worried something will happen to this amp. It's very well built, no pcbs, and hand wired. The chances for faults are insanely low, I just like to know my options.

I reached out to Mike from Quicksilver to ask. He told me the warranty is only good for the original owner, but didn't answer if I could pay him to fix the amp.

This leaves me wondering, are there folks out there I could send this to who could help me fix the amp if something happens or it's past 3 years? I know this hobby well enough that I could see me selling it before I actually have an issue, but I like to understand all the options anyway.

Thanks!

May 9, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 7
Usually you would have a repair guy in your own city. If you don't have one, you might get to know some over time :)

May 9, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 7
Usually you would have a repair guy in your own city. If you don't have one, you might get to know some over time :)
Yeah I don't really live in an area you'd consider a "city". Not much around me available for audiophile gear to try or get repairs :slight_frown:. That's why I was wondering if there's anyone on here I can leverage to assist if the need arises.

May 9, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 7
May 10, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #5 of 7
In my market area the gent who does warranty work for McIntosh also covers other brands and general out of warranty work. Same thing in what I would call the next major market to the east. Different guy, similar operation. Main problem is the tube oriented people are getting older and consequentially fewer and farther between... If you are in the same country as Quicksilver Audio dealing with them may be best. If not, and there is a local guy for another brand, that is a starting point.

May 10, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 7
Actually Mike from Quicksilver reached back out and told me he can repair for a fee as well. That's good to know, but the original owner said he'll help me with warranty, so I'll go through him first, but use that as a backup. As a side note, Mike told me it's very rare that anyone would need a repair with his amps since they're all hand-wired without PCBs. Rate of failure is quite low...another reason why I like this amp so much :smile_phones:.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back