Tube amp for my DT880
Feb 26, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #16 of 34
tnx for pointing out the 332 but its a bit out of area, i live in holland. A bit out of budget too, though im still considering all mentioned above. Even the 332, my wallet isnt gonna like this i think.....

And what about the thing with the dac/amp or just dac?

Feb 27, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #17 of 34
I want to connect the dt880 to my pc too, have the soundcard "audiotrack prodigy 7.1 hifi". Can anyone tell me something about the "Corda Arietta" for sound improvement? Seems to be a nice, small and not very expensive amp. But i'm still a starter and dont know much about headphone amps.

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #18 of 34
Ok, i have decided. Its gonna be the LD MKIII.
tnx for the help guys.

only one question left:
He sells additional tube sets: 2x 5654, 2x 6H6PI (6H6n) for an extra 35 bucks. is it wise too buy replacement tubes already? how long do they go before burning?

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldwine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am now waiting for Audiotailor's Jade, as he claims can drive it v. good. At this moment, i use a OTL amp by WE396a and EL84, i performs well.

It is ready to ship now but need your telephone number & CHINESS ADDRRESS IF YOU NEED SHIP TO HK.

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by spideyman409 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm debating btw the MKIII and DV336 also..... =/

No need to debate, both can sound better after properly tube-rolling. Nobody exactly knows how big the difference before getting the best performance he prefers. It is better to enjoy during the progress and music, rather than debating which is better than others. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #24 of 34
My 880 sounds really liquid in the mid range with Cayin's HA-1A. I've heard it with a 337 DV that sounded slightly more dynamic but a touch dry in the treble. I must add that the digital source used were different, so may not be fair judgment.

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by skeptic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woo Audio WA3
beyersmile.png

it was one of my choice, but i also have SA5k, but i finally goes to the Jade. Unluckily after the payment, i found WA3 in F/S forum...
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldwine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it was one of my choice, but i also have SA5k, but i finally goes to the Jade. Unluckily after the payment, i found WA3 in F/S forum...
frown.gif

While I love my WA3, I think you definitely made the right choice if you're also looking to drive the SA5k (70 ohm) with this amp.

The OTL WA3 does a very nice job with high impedance phones like Beyers and Senns, but is reportedly not so hot when it comes to driving lower impedance/higher current phones (Sony/Denon/AKG/Grado).

The Jade looks like a nice compromise, and in fact, in the Jade thread, Skylab commented in post 19 that: "I no longer have my Woo3, but from memory, they would be comparable, with the Audiotailor offering a little more flexibility." (see: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...81/index2.html)

When it arrives, let us know how it sounds with your 880's and SA5k's!

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #30 of 34
OKay it's between the Jade and 336 now for my DT880s. The only thing deterring me from the Jade is it's "new-ness" and how he keeps changing parts to it. It would make me upset if right when I ordered one and it got a parts upgrade the next week. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back