TTVJ Portable Amp w/DAC Loaner Program
Jan 19, 2010 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

A lot of you have been asking for reviews of this amp so I am giving you the chance to write your own reviews...

I will need your name, phone number, address and Head-Fi User name. You will get 2 weeks with the amp at which time I will e-mail you with the name and address of the next recipient. You will be required to write a review of the amp. I am sending my personal amp that is NOT in mint condition. I have been using it for months with out a case - just velcoed to my iPod. That said it is not beat up and in bad shape. It is just not perfect like a new one.

So if you want in, send me your info at todd@ttvj.com. I am limiting this loaner program to 8 participants. I already have 1 so 7 more of you will be able to sign up . First come first serve!

Todd

Jan 30, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #3 of 20
I love mine, although I went DAC-less because I very rarely would use it with a computer. Great with JH|13 but also Grados and ATs.

EDIT: Corrected my odd ampless typo.

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 20
This may be one I need to consider.

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #6 of 20
When is this lil amp gonna start its rounds
smily_headphones1.gif
?

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 20
I'm in, hopefully.

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #9 of 20
Arrgh! Another killer new amp!

Looks like top of the list though, if a DAC is desired!

Looking forward to the reviews.

Mar 2, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #11 of 20
Hi All,

The amp is making the rounds. A couple of folks who have already had it should be posting reviews here soon. I will add a couple of more to the loaner program so if you are interested email me with your complete info.

Todd

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #13 of 20
Hi Todd! I just sent you an email to see if you can add me to the program! I'd be testing them with UE11Pros and AKG K701s.

Mar 19, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #14 of 20
I would love to get in on this program and try this amp with my 3g Ipod Touch and Senn IE8's, but I'm not sure I have the ears to properly write you a detailed review. lol.
frown.gif

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #15 of 20
Review: So i have had the TTVJ Dac Amp for a couple of weeks now.

Setup: Cowon D2 + JH Audio 5's

What I like: I really like the design of the amp with the colors. The amp really opened up the soundstage on my JH-5 Pros. Also, I think that this amp really defined the bass in my IEM's as well. Everything just sounded more "clear" with the amp, which is what I was looking for. It was easy to charge and pretty easy to use overall.
smily_headphones1.gif

What I don't like: Well, the light "scrolling" wheel to change the volume of the amp gave me some problems. I had a tough time changing it, so to say the least it was a bit of a hassle. I also don't like the color of the lights. Well, to be more specific, I enjoy the colors but I thought that red as a starting color says "danger" even though it is the lowest volume.

Final thoughts: Overall, I really enjoyed this amp and it makes it a contender for a lot of amps. I haven't tried too many but I really enjoyed the improvements to my current setup. Thanks for the opportunity to test this amp out!

-Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back