TTVJ Flat Pad test original vs deluxe
Jun 7, 2016 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

We have introduced a new version of the TTVJ Flat Pads - the Deluxe flat pads. The have been treated and have a different sound than the standard flat pads. What this thread is all about is for 3 Head-Fiers to sample the new as well as the original Flat pads on your Grado headphones and write your impressions here.

We will send out a pair of both the original flat pads as well as the new deluxe flat pads to three participants (and NO MORE than 3!!!). They will write their impressions here in this thread. For doing so they will get to keep both pairs of pads. I am looking for those who have multiple Grado headphones and experience with Grado headphones - for obvious reasons.

The pads look the same but we have added a small silver mark on the inside to distinguish the two sets of pads so you (and we too!!!) don't get them mixed up.

The sign up begins at 1PM MST today. The first 3 emails I get time stamped 1pm or later will be chose.

I look forward to hearing from 3 of you who will participate in this adventure! And I am very interested in what you think of the new deluxe versions!!!

Todd

Jun 7, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 51
Hi Todd,

How do the flats, and the deluxe pads work with the RS2e? Do they fit? 

I look forward to the reviews. I don't think I'm enough of a grade aficionado to volunteer.

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #3 of 51
Todd,

Glad to volunteer to test the pads if you think my Grado phones are adequate. I have 225e and GH1. Also Allesandro MS2i. I've had Grado phones from their beginning in all 3 series, so I'm somewhat familiar with the flat pads from the first Grado series. 66 years old so my hearing may not be up to the younger guys, but I have lots of experience! 

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #4 of 51
I have Grado SR60i, SR325i, and PS1000e.
I have been experimenting with pads - original and quater-mod on the SR60i, original, comfies, and Senns on the SR325i. I've left the original on the PS1000e, but would love to hear a sound change there too.

Sign me up if there are still slots!

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #6 of 51
I own the SR60i,SR80i and PS500e and have always wanted to try out the flats,please sign me up if there is a slot available as I know what a massive difference in sound pads can make (especially on Grados). Thanks!

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 51
  When will they be available for purchase? The original flats work excellent with the Symphones Magnum drivers.

I think you can buy them now

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/TTVJ_Deluxe_Flat_Pads_p/ttvj000999.htm

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #8 of 51
I'd give it a go.  I have a GH-1, an SennGrado, and a GS1000 clone in maple with SR-125i drivers/cable.

I've been listening to my GH-1 set with comfy pads due to my small ears.  I also sometimes use a quarter-modded set of comfies.  Most of the time with my GH-1 set has been spent with G-Cush though.  I've never had any of the flats.

Jun 8, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #9 of 51
I'd love to be involved!  I've got a used pair of RS2s without pads!  I also have the SR80 and SR125.

I was intending to buy the flats as I wanted to tame the upper mids a bit but I hadn't pulled the trigger on risking not liking them with the cost plus shipping to the UK...

Jun 8, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #10 of 51
Hi All,

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original post. I asked to be emailed (todd@ttvjaudio.com) to sign up. I have 2 people signed up and need one more. I will make it the first one to email me from those who have replied to this thread AND I will add one more person so the first 2 to email me who replied in this thread will be in for a total of 4 folks auditioning and keeping both sets of flats with a required review of them!

When you email me include your Head-Fi user name, name and address.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back