TTVJ Apex Pinnacle review in The Absolute Sound!!!
Jun 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

The latest issue of The Absolute Sound hits the newsstands and mailboxes today! And inside starting on page 80 is a review of our Apex Pinnacle. It is written by Dick Olsher! Dick reviewed it as a preamp and also spent some time listening as a headphone amp. Read the review for the full picture - Here are a couple of quotes to pique your interest...

“It was evident in just a quick minute that the Pinnacle was an extraordinary preamp. Its level of clarity and soundstage transparency place it firmly in the top echelon of line preamps”
Dick Olsher, The Absolute Sound, July/August 2011

“Its overall soundstage presentation exhibited considerable grandeur: a wide and deep 3-D perspective with rock stable image outlines.”
Dick Olsher, The Absolute Sound, July/August 2011

If you were thinking of ordering the Pinnacle, now would be the time before the line gets too long!

Todd

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 11
Cool to see some of our beloved community designers getting wider recognition through TAS, even if it is a review as a preamp. Pete does some extraordinary design and I'm sure this is no different.

I hope some of the mainstream speaker audiophiles will try this out, I think they might be stunned by this product. I'm sure it can far, far outperform other preamps around that price range which are little more than fancy cases and big names.

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #6 of 11
I received the promo copies of The Absolute Sound when I posted this thread but just received my subscription copy this weekend. I am sure that most of them will be delivered this week. Happy reading!!!

Todd

Jun 13, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #7 of 11
Very nice review. Does anybody know the stats on this amp (how much watts into ohms)? I havent seen it posted anywhere.

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #10 of 11
It finally arrived,  OUTSTANDING review,  Congratulation to Todd and Pete for pulling out all the stops when creating the Pinnacle.
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #11 of 11
Mine arrived today as well. The left side of the mailing label, including the first two characters of each address line, was cut off. Wonder how widespread this is. The mag had to go back to the local post office to get a handwritten addie to deliver.

Reading the review now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back