TTVJ 307A 's club
Sep 26, 2008 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

capeta

Banned
Just curiosity,
I wonder how many head-fier members are the owner of the Ultimate TTVJ 307A

After listening to the amp for 3 days, I can state that this amp is the best amplifier I have listened so far. Basing on my past experience of rudistor rpx-33, raptor, and opera, I am totally surprised at the TTVJ 307A's sound. You can think that the rpx-33 , raptor, and opera are just Baby and the TTVJ 307A is an ADULT. The different level of sound is obvious ( of course, there is a huge gap between price
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
).
From the TTVJ 307A, the sound become clear, image , big soundstage. Even though the small soundstage grado headphone(except GS1000) can reach at the soundstage level of the Denon D5000, SA5000, and ATH-W5000. We all know that electrostatic headphones, which are super at detail level, make a lot of our head-fi members quit dynamics headphone. I can guarantee that when you listen to this amp, you will come back to the world of dynamics headphones(Yeah, quit electrostatic). The detail level of the amplifier is excellent. I have a chance to listen to the OmegaII and HE60 with KGSS so I know how detail electrostatic headphones are. However, this amp not only produces detail sound but also make them become more involved, liquid (not analytic at all).
You all may think that I get this impression through listening to CD or flossless file. However. I listen to my MP3 files songs which is not good at compression quality.
o2smile.gif
o2smile.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #6 of 13
trust me, you will sell all of your dynamics amplifier after listening to the amplifer(as i did
dt880smile.png
dt880smile.png
) if you like clear sound

The amplifier doesn't produce warm sound. The sound is very clear so the level of detail becomes higher

Sep 28, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ prioritize. anything is possible.

you have to sell what you don't use that much or what you would use less post purchase.

OK, So this is what I plan to sell off in the coming weeks :

One spare K1000
One spare HP1000 (HP3)
Earmax Silver Edition
GSX amp
Pico (w DAC)
Benchmark DAC1 USB

Then I will have sufficient funds for my 307A, and hopefully for a spare set of fine tubes.

Looks feasible ? Any comments ?

F. Lo

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, So this is what I plan to sell off in the coming weeks :

One spare K1000 for US$1,250
One spare HP1000 (HP3) for US$1,700
Earmax Silver Edition for US$950
GSX amp for US$1600
Pico (w DAC) for US$450
Benchmark DAC1 USB for US$1050

Then I will have sufficient funds for my 307A, and hopefully for a spare set of fine tubes.

Looks feasible ? Any comments ?

F. Lo

Aye, dew eet
wink.gif

Sep 29, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #10 of 13
Go broke or go home.

Why would you want to bother with the rest of those when you've got the best sitting right there? The 307A, unlike many of its opponents, seems to be worth every penny in workmanship, implementation and parts. Note the "seems to", as I haven't heard it yet.

Sep 29, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go broke or go home.

Why would you want to bother with the rest of those when you've got the best sitting right there? The 307A, unlike many of its opponents, seems to be worth every penny in workmanship, implementation and parts. Note the "seems to", as I haven't heard it yet.

There is no "seems to" about it. The TTVJ Millett 307A ROCKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back