TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 28, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #888 of 1,206
I have had...some more than one dozen IEM for the past 12months and this pair of T2s...is the best one so far I got.

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #889 of 1,206
Finally got them few hours ago quite impressed by the T2s for their price range. Gonna give them a few more hours, will post impressions and comparisons later...

I have had...some more than one dozen IEM for the past 12months and this pair of T2s...is the best one so far I got.

Congrats...can't wait for yr impression on them....cheers

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #890 of 1,206
Ok this will be my brief impressions and comparisons on the sound quality of the TTPOD T2s. This impression and comparison will be base on my own opinion and a few hours of listening so please take this with a grain of salt.
Here is a pic on giving you the idea how big the T2 is:

Left: T2 Right: hippo Pro One (same size as westone um1)

Sound:
The T2 is a neutral sounding earphone that sounds really mid forward and the performance of the sound is quite tip dependant, different eartips effect the sound of the T2 so u can change the eartips based on your own preference
The narrow bore tips increases the bass and smoothness but decreases the details of the T2s while the wide bore tips sound more detailed and brighter  but decreases the bass performance.
I recommend using 3rd party spinfit eartips or the foam tips provided as they sound best with them.

Comparisons:

I compared the T2 with the FAD heaven II and hippo Pro One using my FiiO X1 as source.
with FAD heaven II:
I would say that detail level of the T2 and heaven II are on par, the heaven II is slightly mid forward while the T2 is really mid forward. Soundstage of the heaven II is larger than the T2 which is kinda weird considering the T2 is a hybrid. The highs of the heaven II is smoother when compared to the slightly bright highs of the T2. The T2 has more bass but the heaven II's bass is tighter and punchier. Vocal sounds really natural on the heaven II while sounding really intimating on the T2s.

with hippo Pro One:
The T2s sound slightly detailed than the hippo Pro Ones, both of the earphones sound mid forward but i would say that the T2 might be overkill for some people. Both of them have a small soundstage that is center focused and has good depth. The highs of the hippo Pro Ones are smooth and have slight sparkle but the T2s are still brighter than the Pro One. The Pro Ones sound better in the bass department since it is more punchy and tight and extends well. Female vocals are slightly emphasized on both earphones making them sound intimating.

Conclusion:
The T2s definitely worth the price they are asking for (90-100$). If you don't mind the slightly small soundstage, slightly neutral bass and you want a mid focused earphone that sounds detailed,neutral and vocals that are intimating then the T2s will definitely suit you if your looking for a under 100$ earphone.

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #891 of 1,206
I do like these and i think these are on par with the Re-400 ans forward mids do make these better than xba-3 too , details is the main driving force of these phones, and bass is not bad too, but extension is better with the other two, im not saying highs are bad with the T2 but not as good.
 nice comparion @JTLovesMusic

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #892 of 1,206
  I do like these and i think these are on par with the Re-400 ans forward mids do make these better than xba-3 too , details is the main driving force of these phones, and bass is not bad too, but extension is better with the other two, im not saying highs are bad with the T2 but not as good.

Thanks, I agree with the details being the main driving force of these IEMs +1

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #894 of 1,206
I think early on a lot of people were expecting or wanting this to have a hard hitting bass and airy/sparkly highs found in a V-shape sound sig but we're disappointed.

However, coming from more neutral phones I can certainly appreciate this iem specially at this price. The bass has the body made by a dynamic driver with a good balance of quantity but keeping true to a neutral sound while the mids have that ba clarity and detail. All this in a comfortable form and a sound that doesn't cause fatigue and can be listened to for hours at a time.

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #895 of 1,206
However, coming from more neutral phones I can certainly appreciate this iem specially at this price. The bass has the body made by a dynamic driver while the mids have that ba clarity and detail. All this in a comfortable form and a sound that doesn't cause fatigue and can be listened to for hours at a time.

Agreed, this is what i like about this IEM but i was also surprised because it doesn't really sound like a hybrid to me 
blink.gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #896 of 1,206
I can see why but to me these are more satisfying than a Sony xba-h3. While the h3 had bass impact and boost (somewhat bloated and mid- bassy) and the highs had that nice sparkle, the sound was very disconnected for me and didn't work for the music i listened.

The T2 however blends the sound quite well, putting a Ti coated dynamic with well behaved BAs. It works really nice for my type of music (classical, jazz, alt, rock, indie, world; you get the idea).

To me, TTPOD T2 is better than the Xba-h3 for my music.

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #897 of 1,206
This is not any indepth comparison here, but the main differences and why I prefer the S-018 over T2. I will be using SS as (S-018)...typing it is a pain.

SS low: very fast, very responsive and accurate with a full body of mid bass, sub bass and extensions VS T2 accurate bass, less attacks, and is lacking some mid bass power with less extensions.....imo, I scale them 10/8

SS mid: very detailed, somewhat articulated thus the better soundstage, instruments are layered nicely vs T2 very detailed, closer to you...as close as your ears are the microphone...and everything is playing around you, that is how narrow the soundstage is, but still with good imagines. Personal preference here. Imo, I scale them 10/8

SS highs: seems faster and not as smooth or as detailed as T2 scale of 8/10

So, it comes to the point where you would prefer the mid of the SS or the T2. I prefer SS

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #898 of 1,206

Could you do a brief comparison with Brainwavz R3...thanks

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #900 of 1,206
WhitigirTo your comparison it seems the T2 are more refined.

Yes, you could say that as both are kinda different from each other. T2 is kinda too flat and very analytical in comparison to SS which more fun to listen to.

I don't think I am kinda analytical folk, I am more of a natural, accurate, detail, and fun kinda guy. That is why I prefer the SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back