Trying to find out what song I heard today, almost sounded like bjork
Aug 24, 2007 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

stevodotorg

100+ Head-Fier
So today I was in Urban Outfitters and I heard a song that was playing inside.. It sounded like Bjork singing, but a lot more clear, and there was an upbeat jazzy/swing sound to it.

Anyone happen to know what this song is? who it might be by? It sounded fantastic and I'm posting everywhere I can in hopes someone knows what song it is.. anyway, thanks a bunch
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #7 of 14
Feist?

Aug 24, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #9 of 14
Usually in situations like this I do find myself listening to the lyrics, texting them to myself, and then googling them later, in this case, I decided to a little to late, instead I asked the people working there and they didn't know either, they did agree the singer sounded a little like bjork and that it was pretty good.. by time I asked them the song was over. Anyway, thanks a bunch, I just woke up so I'll be checking the suggestions everyone made and post back later, thanks again for all the responses
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh and its going to be something more recent I am sure, maybe something a little popular, probably that some hip indie kids would listen to haha
smily_headphones1.gif

And I do mean swing, I could def swing dance to it.. at least from what I remember.

Aug 24, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Esthero?

Esthero's Wicked little grrls is the closest thing so far, but sadly not it, I think its the swing/40's style music that needs to be focused on the most over the vocals, thanks again everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #12 of 14
Maybe it was the group Bjork fronted before going solo, the Sugarcubes. And also, that worker was full of crap b/c I used to work at U.O. and we had to display the 5 cd's (that were in the disc changer at the time) directly behind the register.

Aug 25, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevodotorg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Esthero's Wicked little grrls is the closest thing so far, but sadly not it, I think its the swing/40's style music that needs to be focused on the most over the vocals, thanks again everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

She didn't mention anything about "History repeating", did she?

Aug 25, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #14 of 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back