Trying to figure out best headSET solution for Xbox 360?
Jun 6, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #31 of 116
Cool Cool. I wanna hear what Lv3 Bass Boost would sound like on the DT770/80. I'm just afraid my skull may crack due to the rattling it will put through my ears.

Jun 6, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #32 of 116
I know what it sounds like as a lvl 3 bass boost is said to be exactly the same as the ONE bass boost option in the E5. If your headphone lacks bass, it will bring some out, but not to the point of it becoming even moderately bassy. If your phones have bass (like the 770s), the bass boost will make them downright thunderous! For some good times, the XB700 + Bass Boost = crap in your pants bass. And not nasty bass, but clearly well defined MONSTROUS bass. those who tested the XB700s and said they still lacked bass are out of their minds.

However the 770 pros is the only bassy headphone that I found to get muddy at times with bass boost. The XB700s are bassier and yet stayed relative clear with Bass Boost. So did the M50s. You can probably chalk that up to the DT770s being noticably harder to drive than the other two. The XB700s are godly even unamped.

Still, the E7 is more prepared to handle the DT770 pros, so perhaps they won't sound as muddy with the strongest bass boost as it did with the E5.

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #33 of 116
I'm interested in hearing more of your thoughts on the DT770 as a gaming headphone. I have the 770 but have never really even tried them for playing games using my 990s instead (not that I play often, competitively, or all that well for that matter :p ).

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #35 of 116
After some listening I would have to say the bass boost of the E7 is quite different from that of the E5. E5's bass boost is more subtle, and is more similar to E7's Level 1 or 2 bass boost.

Here's the funky thing about the E7's bass boost: it isn't just a bass boost! As far as I can tell, it's a full gain boost. It seems to add more not just to the bass, but also something to the mids. Turning it on has the effect of making the music sound like you raise the volume a few notches. I'm not entirely sure on this and not too sure what FiiO was trying to accomplish here, but Bass Boost 3 is definitely different from how E5 does it.

Jun 6, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #36 of 116
This is what I heard when I read countless reviews on it last night. It's not ONLY a bass boost, apparently it alters the sound signature.

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #37 of 116

Quote:
After some listening I would have to say the bass boost of the E7 is quite different from that of the E5. E5's bass boost is more subtle, and is more similar to E7's Level 1 or 2 bass boost.

Here's the funky thing about the E7's bass boost: it isn't just a bass boost! As far as I can tell, it's a full gain boost. It seems to add more not just to the bass, but also something to the mids. Turning it on has the effect of making the music sound like you raise the volume a few notches. I'm not entirely sure on this and not too sure what FiiO was trying to accomplish here, but Bass Boost 3 is definitely different from how E5 does it.

Oh? Damn, I want one! I was only reading up on them and remembred one review stating the Lvl 3 boost was the same as the E5's boost. Glad to know it's more than that with the E7. What do you think of the Lvl 3 boost? Like it? Too much?

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #38 of 116
Mochan, that's where I've seen that image before. MLE was talking about his love the K701s and mentioned them being shown in an anime. After reading that post I thought to myself, "someone has that as an avatar... but who..." DUH! MOCHAN

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #39 of 116
My thread got jacked lol.

I ordered the MixAmp, still a bit pressed on what I should do... I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on another pair of headphones just to attach a mic to it... Is there perhaps a more wallet friendly solution, say, under $100? 
beyersmile.png

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #41 of 116
For cheap? Sidewayz is selling his Turtle Beach HPX for about $60 on AVS. They're probably the best headset that has great synergy with the Mixamp in their price range, but I haven't heard them. If I was gonna get a headset, I'd want the MMX300, no question... but they are prohibitively expensive...

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #43 of 116
Well as I've said previously, I have no problem using my SRH840s for the actual listening aspect, I don't really need a whole new pair of headphones per say, just a mic solution I can use along with them.

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #44 of 116

Quote:
I just looked up images of the MX300, what in god's name are those things? I can't even tell where the ear cups are.

MMX300, not MX300. They are actually a Premium DT770 32 ohm with a mic, and perhaps slightly tuned for gaming...

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #45 of 116

Quote:
Mochan, that's where I've seen that image before. MLE was talking about his love the K701s and mentioned them being shown in an anime. After reading that post I thought to myself, "someone has that as an avatar... but who..." DUH! MOCHAN

Hehe, this is already MkII version of my avatar. The first one was from season 1, this is already from season 2.

Quote:
Oh? Damn, I want one! I was only reading up on them and remembred one review stating the Lvl 3 boost was the same as the E5's boost. Glad to know it's more than that with the E7. What do you think of the Lvl 3 boost? Like it? Too much?

I most certainly like BBL3, it's like SSJ3 without the blond hair. Its power level is way over 9,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back