Trying to figure out a fair price for used Denon D7000
Sep 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Amnesia87

Head-Fier
So, I've had a pair of Denon D-7000s for like 2 years now, and I love them and thing they sound great, but around a year ago I moved across the country and since I moved I'm just really never using them.

I'm trying to figure out what a fair asking price for them is these days.

They are in perfect condition acoustically, but there is one issue and I'm not sure how much it effects value. One of the little rubber sleeves where the cable connects to the headphones broke off and now just hangs on the cable. I thought about trying to fix them, but decided it was not worth the effort for no noticeable difference.

Here's what I'm talking about:

They are otherwise in perfect/nearperfect condition as far as I have been able to discern.

I still have the box and whatnot:

Just not sure what a fair asking price might be. Any ideas?

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #2 of 10
Uh maybe $600? I don't really know. One just went for$650 so yeah.
Maybe you can list them higher and if nobody is interested, lower the price until they are sold. They are discontinued so that should sell at a pretty good price. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #3 of 10
Heya,

They used to go for about $600 used before they were discontinued, in perfect condition.

Since yours is not in perfect condition, but in good working condition, even though it's discontinued, I would still probably only ask around $600. Higher than that, and someone can just get a used D7100 that is in perfect condition.

Very best,

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #4 of 10
  Heya,

They used to go for about $600 used before they were discontinued, in perfect condition.

Since yours is not in perfect condition, but in good working condition, even though it's discontinued, I would still probably only ask around $600. Higher than that, and someone can just get a used D7100 that is in perfect condition.

Very best,

But the D7100 is reported to be not as good...

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #5 of 10

But the D7100 is reported to be not as good...

I don't have the two side by side, but I'm going to say that it is heavily preference based, and mostly stems from the fact that everyone was freaking out when Denon discontinued the line and then dropped these `Street Rav' styled headphones on everyone. I would be very wary about reporting that the D7100 is not as good as the D7000 unless you've experienced both.

Very best,

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #6 of 10

I don't have the two side by side, but I'm going to say that it is heavily preference based, and mostly stems from the fact that everyone was freaking out when Denon discontinued the line and then dropped these `Street Rav' styled headphones on everyone. I would be very wary about reporting that the D7100 is not as good as the D7000 unless you've experienced both.

Very best,

OK, so back on topic, $600 seems to be a fair price. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back