Truthear Impressions/Discussion
Feb 17, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #91 of 215
My bet is they may challenge in April thru June CQ2. I’ve observed their releasing strategy and noted they may have quarterly targets to meet. Each Qtr we may see a new line ups which had been satisfied since their first Zero release.

Truthear lacks flagship at this moment, so hopefully a flagship of 10BA+ with $100~300 range, another market redefining IEMs it may be. They did it with sub 100 segment and pretty much seized the market share, now they need Sub$300 segment

Squiglink’s inaight is very objective public interest stats we can see Truthear is now #2 in IEM world besides Moondrop behemoth reigns on top. For 1/1/2023 til mid Feb.
C30DD99E-4D19-4803-AED1-FC4B9A28C135.jpegAA61AE6F-1234-426F-BCF2-0FB1D4EA4CF6.jpegA1B50982-00B0-498C-9984-4DF39E4E623B.jpeg
Very interesting stuff - may I ask whereabouts those stats are from?

Feb 17, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #92 of 215
Very interesting stuff - may I ask whereabouts those stats are from?
Here

https://squig.link/insights/

The squiglink is one of audiophile’s heaven. Many head-fiers are participating the project as well.

This is 2022 annual summary:
We can observe Moondrop holds monopoly and is marketing leading, KZ starts to lose their cost initiative segments, while march of Truthear certainly left a slight footage on most shared and shifting up buying intent ranking (probably affiliate link click)
0569DE9E-B6B3-4DA3-B14B-D377EF97664D.jpeg
13FFEACD-23C3-48BD-9B49-0BBDBF76A1D8.jpeg
2FCD6E97-E42D-46C0-87D1-8C7A99979646.jpeg

Feb 17, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #93 of 215
The more I listen to the Hexa the more I like them. I’m sure it’s a mixture of burn in and brain burn. All I know is that at first these did not sound good for rock or metal to me, and now I feel that they are doing great in those same genres. They sounded thin, bright and fatiguing. Now they definitely sound less thin and less bright, and are not fatiguing.

I haven’t really been keeping track, but I gotta be somewhere around the 40-50 hour mark. I’ve had them about 2 and a half weeks.

It’s getting crazy how good $80 can sound.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #94 of 215
The more I listen to the Hexa the more I like them. I’m sure it’s a mixture of burn in and brain burn. All I know is that at first these did not sound good for rock or metal to me, and now I feel that they are doing great in those same genres. They sounded thin, bright and fatiguing. Now they definitely sound less thin and less bright, and are not fatiguing.

I haven’t really been keeping track, but I gotta be somewhere around the 40-50 hour mark. I’ve had them about 2 and a half weeks.

HEXA’s LCP driver generally takes very long to mature, out of box it will have some distortions in sub-sub-bass(below 20hz) but eventually it will smooth out. most of FRs are not measured below 20hz as it’s considered inaudible, but I’m pretty sure for more than 20 years in this hobby, that 20hz and below sub-sub-bass performance impacts on bass quality in overall.

Perhaps we may eventually see that by stats in future as convolutional neural network technology matures.

I’m re-impressed with HEXA after 4 hours of A-B test among Thieaudio Monarch, UM MEST MKII, qdc Anole VX, and new TOTL challenger Aur Audio Neon Pro, they are all top-tier players. I was conducting cable roll, paired 50+ cables to Neon Pro and counting up. One of cable is the one I paired with HEXA, XINHS 4 core graphene.

Out of whim, I tried on HEXA before ripping cable off, and even after that S-tier IEMs, I’m still impressed with HEXA. Wow. It is really near S. My 85/100 (A)overall score for HEXA isn’t aged. HEXA is 5 points away for S-tier (90/100). A $69 (on 1111 sale) with some sub$50 after market cable and $3 Feaulle Latex H570 ear tip can do thus far.

If I’ve given a blind test, I think HEXA can perform very good to many clean sound loving audience.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #95 of 215
Listening to the Hexa again. These things are so good. I’ve also never experienced something sound so much better after some break in. First few days I thought they were borderline unbearable for metal, and now they are doing great on metal. They were overly bright and thin sounding. Now they don’t sound overly bright, and the bass has definitely woken up. I can’t say enough how much I’m enjoying these. They are also really comfortable for me.

Feb 18, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #96 of 215
Listening to the Hexa again. These things are so good. I’ve also never experienced something sound so much better after some break in. First few days I thought they were borderline unbearable for metal, and now they are doing great on metal. They were overly bright and thin sounding. Now they don’t sound overly bright, and the bass has definitely woken up. I can’t say enough how much I’m enjoying these. They are also really comfortable for me.
I had the same case with the Timeless AE, they became better. Time and burn-in changed not just the sound, but our minds too.

I must try the Hexa in the future.

Feb 18, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #97 of 215
I had the same case with the Timeless AE, they became better. Time and burn-in changed not just the sound, but our minds too.

I must try the Hexa in the future.
I hadn’t heard my Timeless AE change any. Something definitely changed on the Hexa though.

Feb 21, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #98 of 215
So the Tripowin cables do work on the Hexa. I got the 2.5mm Tripowin “Zoe” cable.

I also got the SpinFit W1 tips as well.

DC31E8E7-DBC6-428D-A0BF-BD9ECB2C51A9.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #99 of 215

Definitely! Mine is like 200-300 hrs of burn in now. The bass becomes more prominent and punchy. I recall it was rather thin upon unboxing.

Feb 25, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #100 of 215
Definitely! Mine is like 200-300 hrs of burn in now. The bass becomes more prominent and punchy. I recall it was rather thin upon unboxing.
Yea, it was definitely very thin. It felt closer to my ER4SR than the Timeless.

I really don’t know exactly how many hours are on mine, but if I had to guess I’d say around 50-60 or so maybe.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #102 of 215
Hello, is a screw with a brownish color on hexa like this normal ?

Only screw on the right unit.
I'm sure it's not a dust or dirt after using a mini brush and blu tack on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230330_002332.jpg
    IMG_20230330_002332.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back