Truthear Impressions/Discussion
Feb 13, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #61 of 226
Best tips for Hola?

Also think that they not pair very well with shio

Feb 13, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #63 of 226
Best tips for Hola?

Ya the Shio and HOLA are both warm and warm + warm = veiled sound.

HOLA pairs best with wide bore ear tips that open up the soundstage and treble frequencies

Feb 13, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #64 of 226
Best tips for Hola?

Feaulle H570 if you google on aliexpress you can find it. Universally applicable to most of IEMs.

Feb 13, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #65 of 226
The Hexa are waking up and I’m beginning to like them more.

Feb 15, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #66 of 226
I have the Hola for a little while now.

At first I was quite disappointed. Compared to the Moondrop Chu's they're just plastic and on the outside is just a sticker (I think so)…
The cable is not that great as many mentioned online. It's not outstanding imo. I like the cable from the Chu more, even if it's not detachable. The Hola is way bigger, that is not a problem for me with big ears, but I want to mention that. The Hola have the same size as the Aria's.
Overall it's still 19$ but the build quality goes by far to the Moondrop Chu.

Soundwise it's the big opposite: The Chu's are harsh and sibilant like angels that were fallen deep in hell and they scream in agony. The guitars sound strange too.
The Hola are way more balanced in that aspect. Even they should have less treble, they sound more detailed and better to me. They're not the smoothest though, they can be peaky at times, but overall they're 100 times more listenable than the Chu's treble. The Bass and the punch is quite good, it's more than the Chu's and even better than on the Aria Snow's.
The Guitars are a bit upfront and sound correct (I look at you Chu).
The only nitpick I have is that hi-hats sounds a little ''metallic'' and the separation is not on a level with more expensive iems, on busy tracks they struggle a bit. For me it sounds like there's a layer missing. Overall, they're great for what they are. Idk how Truthear did that at this price point.

19 bucks…

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #67 of 226

At first I was quite disappointed. Compared to the Moondrop Chu's they're just plastic and on the outside is just a sticker (I think so)…
The cable is not that great as many mentioned online. It's not outstanding imo. I like the cable from the Chu more, even if it's not detachable. The Hola is way bigger, that is not a problem for me with big ears, but I want to mention that. The Hola have the same size as the Aria's.

Soundwise it's the big opposite: The Chu's are harsh and sibilant like angels that were fallen deep in hell and they scream in agony. The guitars sound strange too.
The Hola are way more balanced in that aspect. Even they should have less treble, they sound more detailed and better to me. They're not the smoothest though, they can be peaky at times, but overall they're 100 times more listenable than the Chu's treble. The Bass and the punch is quite good, it's more than the Chu's and even better than on the Aria Snow's.
The only nitpick I have is that hi-hats sounds a little ''metallic'' and the separation is not on a level with more expensive iems, on busy tracks they struggle a bit. For me it sounds like there's a layer missing. Overall, they're great for what they are. Idk how Truthear did that at this price point.

19 bucks…
Yeah, the build quality is just OK, though the Chu isn't much better. The cable is actually pretty great on the HOLA, especially for the price. The Chu's cable is absolute tangly trash and not detachable - it also has no ear hooks, which is annoying. The HOLA is not "way' bigger. It's a little bigger, but still really small. The Monarch is WAY bigger. Agreed with your ideas on the sound, the HOLA is much better sounding. The HOLA also has better accessories and a carrying case, all for $19. The HEXA is even better.

Feb 15, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #69 of 226

19 bucks…
Wow you look like have very treble sensitive preference. Agree that Chu is on bright side, but Hola plays pretty safe for treble zone.

For single DD, the timbre would sound metallic depending on diaphragm thickness x 4-6khz gain level x ear tips x output impedance gain level x cables.

Of out that I’d consider recabling and change ear tips, gain switches.

Feb 15, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #70 of 226

19 bucks…

Would you mind telling us how the Hola sounds with the Chu's spring tips? I might buy a set since none of the stock tips fit me well. I'm having to use Spinfits on them (but I want to try wide bores)...

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #71 of 226
Wow you look like have very treble sensitive preference. Agree that Chu is on bright side, but Hola plays pretty safe for treble zone.
I like treble. The Aria Snow are perfect for me.
They are balanced and not like the Chu‘s with 10% bass and 90% treble.
The Timeless AE on the other hand are to dark and need a bit more upper end (I complain in the Timeless thread about that).
The Hola are better in tonality. The Chu's can be ok for pop but NOT for symphonic metal or orchestra.

I like to hear evey detail in songs with a good but not overpowering bass. As long as the treble is well balanced and not harsh as hell, count me in.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #72 of 226
Would you mind telling us how the Hola sounds with the Chu's spring tips? I might buy a set since none of the stock tips fit me well. I'm having to use Spinfits on them (but I want to try wide bores)...
I could try that later, when I‘m at home.
I first need to find the Chu‘s deep down in hell xd.

Feb 15, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #73 of 226
I‘ve tried it.
To be honest, it‘s not that of a difference compared to the stock tips (I use wider bore ones). I first use the stock tips for a few songs that I know good ('Down with the Sickness' for example) and then switched over to the spring tips.

It might be minimal less bass punch but the rest is quite equal. I can‘t say that to 100% though, maybe my mind plays with me, or my ears in this case…
When you try the Hola with the spring tips from the very beginning, I don‘t think you miss something.

There is time between the tip change so keep that in mind that this is not a scentific reproduction :)

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #74 of 226
Has anyone tried a 2.5mm balanced cable on their Hexa? I’m looking for one that is known to work with the Hexa, since for some reason the cable from my 7Hz Timeless AE only works on one side of the Hexa.

So the pins on the Timless AE cable are quite a bit shorter than the pins on the Hexa cable. I guess that is where the problem lies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back