Truthear Impressions/Discussion
Dec 16, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #16 of 215
Finally able to spend time with the Hexa today.
Immediate thoughts? If I boost subbass a bit more than I usually do on most IEMs, I can match the SQ of the Meaoes Eagle and Aful Performer 5 quite easily without any other adjustments. Those are $150 and $220. Hexa is $80. Very, very impressive.

Reviews are accurate about the mild subbass. If you hate EQ and love bass then maybe this isn't the best choice, but it's so easy to boost that I can't think of any other $80 IEM that comes anywhere near this. This destroys the Moondrop Aria at $80. What was once an easy recommendation is now completely overshadowed by the HEXA. (I still like the Truthear Zero too, but the Hexa is more refined and not much more in price)
Welcome to Club HEX, mate👍 HEXA starts to be really potent from 30hours of run.

Dec 17, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #18 of 215
If the Blessing 2 is like this I was missing out, but no longer. Excellent IEM and a value powerhouse that invites competition.
I like that expression “invites competition”. A very prospective and positive view toward IEM market👍

I do hope there will be more competition to $sub 100. As you can see, not everyone on this planet is as capable as lucky ones who was simply born at one of the OECD nations.

I do believe great sound should not be bounded by how much big stacks of cash you can prepare. And Truthear is one that I admire. They are providing very high-level IEM to sub$100 segment and that, as someone who saw IEM market’s for past decades, is the very first attempt.

We can count Moondrop’s Aria is single dynamic’s challenge for that, but for hybrid IEM with LCP and high-end BA equipped, sophisticatedly tuned IEM, HEXA is the pioneer.

Speaking about tuning, the tuning of HEXA is more refined from Blessing 2 and Dusk. Bass DD is refined as well.

So I’m comfortably say HEXA is Blessing 3. If we consider Variations is a High-End Spin Offs from Blessing.

HEXA is an elite thoroughbred of See Audio Yume, Bravery, Moondrop Blessing and Softears RSV in tuning. And Composition wise a quasi-penta driver (1BA treble + 2BA MID + 1LCP) if we count bass sub woofer as 2BA, it’s exactly what Softears RSV is composed of (1BA + 2 MID BA + 2 Bass BA).

Yume vs HEXA’s sub bass
EE266D0D-F8C5-4CEA-AD6C-2396631DD0BF.jpeg

Blessing 2 VS HEXA’s bass
4E7FDE85-DDDE-47EC-A6B7-670228F0E994.jpeg

Softears RSV vs HEXA’s mid and upper mid
5C1E3093-9A85-428A-921F-AAA7CB8B991F.jpeg

See audio Bravery bs HEXA’s treble
8EE5D9C2-0F61-4977-908B-B873CB38BE71.jpeg

Attachments

• 575A2509-D06D-429D-AFD4-C543676ED561.jpeg
    575A2509-D06D-429D-AFD4-C543676ED561.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #19 of 215
So where are these available to order from for someone in the US? They are quite a way out on Amazon at the moment.

Dec 19, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #21 of 215
Amazon. Mine said 1 month + and arrived in 2 weeks
I’m just impatient once I order something. Gonna wait til Christmas to see if I happen to maybe get an Amazon gift card.

Dec 20, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #22 of 215
I’m just impatient once I order something. Gonna wait til Christmas to see if I happen to maybe get an Amazon gift card.
I get that. I picked up a pair of Raptgo Hook X and a pair of Symphonium Meteor at the same time, so I got to listen to those while waiting. I returned the Raptgo when I got the Meteor because it was better and then returned the Meteor when I got the HEXA because it sounded near as good, with less bass (my preference) for less than 1/6th the price. I found the Meteor to be really good, but the bass hurt my ears more than the HEXA and the Raptgo sounded pretty great also, but REALLY hurt my ears.

Dec 20, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #24 of 215
Wondering what Truthear will release next. Will it be a planar, Tribrid or.... ultra budget DD <40$? A new Tribrid with EST would be great.
Maybe a tribrid. Planar seems possible. Probably not an ultra budget because they're trying to establish themselves as a higher-end sound at a lower price, but I don't know if they could pull off a $20 pair. I see them heading up the price scale as opposed to down, but who knows? I'd love to see a $200 set that competes with the TOTL - that'd be great.

Dec 20, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #25 of 215
Oh yeah, I hooked up the HEXA to my Fostex TWS earpieces and they not only work well but sound very good and are likely going to be my new workout headphones. I did have to EQ them because the stock Fostex tuning is terrible. I found a W shape with the EQ made for the best sound. I can still highly recommend the pair so far.

Dec 21, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #26 of 215
Wondering what Truthear will release next. Will it be a planar, Tribrid or.... ultra budget DD <40$? A new Tribrid with EST would be great.
HeyGears offers variety of products from private medical molds to customized CAE and Platform service for streamlining manufacturing processes. From those facts, they have capabilities to offer a high-end CIEM with very low price. That’s one of the possibilities.

If I was running truthear, my next move will be Sonion EST models, at price range of $79+100~140= $179-$239.
Deal breaker it will be. Just like HEXA.

My personal hope is Softears RS10’s private brand offering, Original MRSP $2000 to Truthear DECA (10BA), with bare minimum contributions margin, $215.

Dec 25, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #27 of 215
Hey guys! Here's my review of the Truthear Hexa. Read on to know if the hype levels the truth! The articles includes detailed impressions, graphs and comparisons with some of the popular sub-$100 IEMs as well as the 1DD+4BA Moondrop Blessing2, which a lot of people have been comparing the Hexa to. Enjoy!

Truthear Hexa Fetaured Image.jpg

Dec 26, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #28 of 215
Last edited:
Dec 27, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #30 of 215

Users who are viewing this thread

Back