Truth about Nordost Valhalla power cord
Oct 3, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #121 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm hearing special whiteness in the vocals but right now it doesn't bother me because the Valhalla hasn't been burned in yet. It sounds smoother and whiter than Valkyrja. It's sounds like warm snow!

After 3 days burn-in it doesn't sound warm anymore. The whites are whiter than ever. It makes the background appear even blacker than before! It sounds like the background is dead black. It is easy to get lost inside the music because of it. But it's very fatiguing, I still get the headaches from listening to Valhalla interconnect.

The sound signature of Valhalla is messed up. Different sounds in the music are emphasized which gives the illusion of better layering and realism. The deepest level of low-level detail is missing which makes the background appear dead black, the low-level details above it are white and emphasized.

The fake blackness of Valhalla interconnect is addicting. It sounds like there is nothing in front of the music, there is no muddiness whatsoever.

I don't care about low-level detail anymore. Valhalla is that good.

Oct 3, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #122 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc303 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
boo hoo, pick your doll back up will you . at what point did i say anything about cables ? who give you the honour of forum police anyway ?

Ive already give patrick a test to which he failed misserably so its far from trolling.

i asked because the terminology used by tourmaline

which sounds exactly like what patrick has already posted.

blackness is a term used to descripe the background noise of equipment , if it is total black then it has no noise at all and thus will not block fine detail. What they are describing sounds like treble roll-off which would make it sound darker with a loss of fine detail.

No trebble roll off. it's either the valkyrja, wich i doubt, or it is the dark sounding cdplayer that blocks fine detail. it is NOT treble roll off, since the highs are crisp and fine, it's detail that is blocked. i hear it could be just a tad better. probably need a cdplayer mod, to clean the sound up.

If i use the headphone output on the cdplayer, it sounds really dark.

Oct 3, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #124 of 177
try the ignore list. works wonders.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #125 of 177
What has the fact that there are no scientifically reproducible differences between cables to do with the way Patrick ist treated, and IIRC this was the original topic?
Patrick isn't treated in a condescending manner due to his weird quasireligious beliefs.The latter are quite common at head-fi and in fact head-fi is infamous for being a "voodoo forum".
He's treated like a fool since he acts like a fool.Just take a look at his videos or the "famous quotes" thread for instance.
His IQ is obviously not sub par, so he has chosen the role as a village fool voluntarily.He just gets what he asked for.
Does anybody realize that Patrick himself never complains about the way he is treated?
He knows he deserves it.

Oct 3, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #126 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What has the fact that there are no scientifically reproducible differences between cables to do with the way Patrick ist treated, and IIRC this was the original topic?
Patrick isn't treated in a condescending manner due to his weird quasireligious beliefs.The latter are quite common at head-fi and in fact head-fi is infamous for being a "voodoo forum".
He's treated like a fool since he acts like a fool.Just take a look at his videos or the "famous quotes" thread for instance.
His IQ is obviously not sub par, so he has chosen the role as a village fool voluntarily.He just gets what he asked for.
Does anybody realize that Patrick himself never complains about the way he is treated?
He knows he deserves it.

That doesn't mean that anybody with selfrespect and decensy cannot tread patrick like a human being.

If you treat him like a fool, you are also seen as a fool.

if you don't know how to read between the lines, then don't read his posts!

Oct 3, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #127 of 177
Quote:

He knows he deserves it.

I respectfully disagree.

A community has to have diversity to flourish.

F. Lo

Oct 3, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #128 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I respectfully disagree.

A community has to have diversity to flourish.

F. Lo

True, to a certain extent however. There is boundries. Many of his posts push them, because they are completely absurd. Not to mention he posts new threads all the time just to talk about himself.

Oct 3, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #129 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, to a certain extent however. There is boundries. Many of his posts push them, because they are completely absurd. Not to mention he posts new threads all the time just to talk about himself.

True, but i just read the parts about the cables and the mods, so i know wich one work or wich doesn't.
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #130 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I understand the moderator has set rules and these to me are the boundaries. I believe these are the compromise we need to make in reality.

But more than that to impose a certain standard of behaviour or drive conformance can be line so thin that things can be tipped out of balance easily.

Although we share common interests, we as individuals are all different, and there is no reason to feel uncomfortable or irritated
tongue.gif

Peace to all.
F. Lo

Oct 3, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #131 of 177
As I said I personally enjoy Patrick's posts, and quite frankly he eggs on abuse with some of his response.

He seems to be treated as a source of entertainment here, as opposed to AVSforums where he's used as a weapon. If the transition is ever made moderators would probably have to step in.

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #132 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I said I personally enjoy Patrick's posts, and quite frankly he eggs on abuse with some of his response.

He seems to be treated as a source of entertainment here, as opposed to AVSforums where he's used as a weapon. If the transition is ever made moderators would probably have to step in.

Eggs? Weapon? Transition? I don't know what you mean with this.

I thought they liked me at AVSforum, they don't?

Quote:

He knows he deserves it.

I don't act like a fool, I just say what I hear after I do some tweaks.

I'm treated good in this forum, the skeptics at head-fi are very friendly. When I entered James Randi's skeptic forum they were a bit aggressive at first, but after I broke them in they started becoming nice.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #133 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eggs? Weapon? Transition? I don't know what you mean with this.

I thought they liked me at AVSforum, they don't?

I don't act like a fool, I just say what I hear after I do some tweaks.

I'm treated good in this forum, the skeptics at head-fi are very friendly. When I entered James Randi's skeptic forum they were a bit aggressive at first, but after I broke them in they started becoming nice.

You see, even sceptics are human.

Oct 4, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #134 of 177
Patrick is great, its a (mostly) free world and if makes him happy posting here I don't see a problem. Surely that is the wonder of the internet - people can say what they like.

Oct 4, 2007 at 10:40 AM Post #135 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by peelax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick is great, its a (mostly) free world and if makes him happy posting here I don't see a problem. Surely that is the wonder of the internet - people can say what they like.

The problem is that they don't recognize some important info in his threads. They just start to bash......since i myself experimented alot with cables etc, i can concur that alot of Patrick's findings are also mine. So, until people start experimenting or hear it for themselves, i suggest to give him some slack.

Bashing someone and not even knowing what he's talking about is just abuse. And i am certain that most of the bashers don't even know anything about cables or anything else, they just stick with stock and advocate it is the best there is. Ok, this is the other end of the story, but luckally, there are plenty of people right down the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back