TRRS Converter
Jan 25, 2014 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bsarkezi996

New Head-Fier
Hi

I'd like to buy a converter (OMTP-->CTIA) so I can use Sony MH1 headphones on my phone (Galaxy S2) without any distorted and broken sound. The problem is, I'm not really sure what to look for. I did find some cables, but I'm not sure that's the stuff I need. I would be grateful for some examples from ebay or amazon (even though I won't be buying the cable online).

Mar 21, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 5
I can recable your if you want

Mar 22, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 5
  Hi

I'd like to buy a converter (OMTP-->CTIA) so I can use Sony MH1 headphones on my phone (Galaxy S2) without any distorted and broken sound. The problem is, I'm not really sure what to look for. I did find some cables, but I'm not sure that's the stuff I need. I would be grateful for some examples from ebay or amazon (even though I won't be buying the cable online).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5mm-Male-to-3-5mm-Female-Phone-Headset-Adapter-Cable-For-iPhone-HTC-Samsung-/181161590633?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item2a2e127f69&_uhb=1

Something like this. Search for 'headset adapter'

You can get a 1-piece adapter which doesn't have the flexible bit of cable in the middle, but that risks breaking the headphone jack in your phone due to the extra leverage.

Probably hard to find in physical stores though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back