Trouble with Ultimate Ears (UE) 350s; Ordered Skullcandy Titans
Jul 11, 2012 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

purplegnome396

New Head-Fier
In January, I purchased Ultimate Ears 350. Not long after, The left bud stopped working despite the fact that I had treated them well. I then received a new pair for free from Logitech's fantastic customer service. Now that replacement pair is starting to crap out on me too. The right ear bud seems to be a teeny, tiny bit quieter than the left. Now if any of you love high quality audio like me, you know what I'm talking about. That small difference is not so small. To me, if a set of earphones is even slightly messed up, it has completely failed it's duty. So now I have applied for a refund and will be replacing the UE 350s with Skullcandy Titans. How will they compare? Will they be very much worse? I'm sure I can manipulate them to where I want them to be using my infinite number of audio settings on my Cowon J3, but will the bass be too strong and overpowering? Should I just go with a replacement set of 350s or stick with the refund? I would appreciate some advice. Thanks!

Jul 11, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 4
Joker's giant review thread has both IEM's in question. Just search for 3A7 and 3A61 on the first page:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-245-iems-compared-phonak-pfe-232-added-07-05-12

Jul 11, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Perhaps get the refund, save a bit, and invest in a pair of higher-end offerings? You can't really expect much from this price range.

Agree with this. I think the first 100$ is pretty linear in terms of SQ and definitely worth your while to dish in extra dollars. Maybe go check out the brainwavz m2 which were at 35$ on amazon not long ago. The threads on the fx40 and dweaver's on the monster nergy might also be worth your attention..good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back