Trouble finding the right fit for UE Triple Fi
Dec 21, 2006 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ya8282

100+ Head-Fier
I received these a couple days ago and have been burning them in (treble sounds, but when I tried wearing them, none of the tips seem to fit and seal my ear canals very well. The small tips fall out of my ears and the medium ones are a little bit painful (and also seem to slip out occasionally). The bi-flange doesn't go in properly (I can hear the tunnels of wind when walking around with them outside). The foam also slips out even when I compress them.

I have been using comply tips and triple flanges on my Shure E500s without a problem and getting very good isolation for a few months. Unfortunately they don't fit on the larger Triple Fi's.

Are there any options (other than getting a custom mold) that I can check out?

Dec 21, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 5
Anyone?

Dec 21, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 5
you mention that the foam slips out of your ear even when you compress them?

in my mind that means that you should try a larger foamie, if that is possible. You also said that the medium slips out, so i guess large might be a next step?

I personally really like the stock black foamies that come with the ety's my only beef is that the tube scrapes my ear =/

have you considered spending a few bucks and trying to DIY your own foamies?

i think that jsnatch has a thread (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ighlight=im716)

it sounds like since you have large ears the above might not be such a bad idea.

hope that helped a little

-matt k

Dec 22, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the large tips and they are uncomfortable and sometimes pop out. I think the problem is that I need slightly deeper tips rather wider ones. The medium flexible tips on the Shure E500 also fit securely, but they are also slightly longer. I guess I will try breaking in the large for now.

Dec 22, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #5 of 5
Necessity is the mother of invention. I'm also having problems with my oblong left ear canal.
First off, are you insuring proper fitment of the available tips. Pull up and out on the upper outside edge of your ear while you insert the IEM to open the canal and insure the deepest pratical fit.
If this and the present tips don't work, then you need to get inventive. I've seperated the foam from the eartube on a Shure foamie, and placed that ring of foam between the flanges on the bi-flange tip to firm up the fit.
The larger Ety yellow foamie can be de-tubed and used as needed for large/irregular ears if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back