Trolls and Shills
Sep 21, 2009 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

thechosen

New Head-Fier
What the hell is up with the forum lately? Long time lurker here, but I have not seen something this bad in a long while.

For those who inserts the amp3 and hifiman (mainly the amp3 though) into every conversation, this board is not a personal advertisement site for you. And all you even type similar, so it makes me wonder if that's the same person.

For those who trolls at the popular players such as the iPod or Zune, get over yourself. It's as bad as bashing skullcandies or bose, and note: it's not cool. If you have listened to it, fine, go ahead, make a comment about it, and move on. Don't keep beating the dead horse, and make it into a personal argument (I can name a few names here). If you haven't, go ahead, you can comment it, but don't make it sound like you know everything.

It's getting pretty despicable, some of the stuff people are doing in this sub board. Stop acting like idiots.

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 65
I'm afraid I agree with the OP on this one. Just look at the DAP/PMP elimination game thread - it went downhill after a dozen or so brand new accounts started relentlessly upvoting the Amp3, all with identical reasoning and poor grammar. Its nice to assume that all hi-fi manufacturers play fair, but lately, I'm not so sure.

You might say it's the hive mind fotm effect, but then it comes down to people recommending/promoting gear they have not heard, which also grinds my gears.

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #4 of 65
Of ipod/zune trolls: possibly that's because both ipod and zune lines were refreshed recently. I guess that there is the same amount of flame every september.
Wait for a month, they will discuss everything about new ipods/zunes, passion will slow down.

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #6 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've noticed alot more trolling lately, wonder why it has gotten to this.

Mods are the ONLY defense against trolls. You cannot engage a troll, they just keep going.

Shilling is definitely a problem on this board, no doubt.

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 65
Quote:

You cannot engage a troll

...but you can feed them
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #10 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP is clearly viral marketing for amp3.

Te hee, you're probably right.
As for Trolls, the best treatment for silly attention seeking people is just to ignore them, then they go away.
Just by posting here, I'm kind of breaking my own rules. I promise not to do it again

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #12 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the hell is amp3? Whatever, the portable amp subforum is about the worst part of this site, and I hardly ever go there.

The amp3 is actually an integrated amp/dap and a lot of the shilling happens on this very forum.

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The amp3 is actually an integrated amp/dap and a lot of the shilling happens on this very forum.

What's an integrated amp/dap? I thought daps all have amps
wink.gif
. I just searched for it, and it seems OK. I guess something like the Audio-gd of portable?

Sep 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #14 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's an integrated amp/dap? I thought daps all have amps
wink.gif
. I just searched for it, and it seems OK. I guess something like the Audio-gd of portable?

Badly phrased... what I meant was that it can be used a standalone amp with another dap. And yeah, the concept is nice but thats not the point. The point is that the hype surrounding it lately seems quite... ahem... artificial.

Sep 21, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #15 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mods are the ONLY defense against trolls. You cannot engage a troll, they just keep going.

You sure could have fooled me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back