Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Nov 8, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #587 of 1,725
Thank you. Is there any specific tip that i should look for or any known brand tip is also fine?
There are many good tips around, I use JVC Spiral Dot's original and Azla Sedna Earfit's original. For me they make a very positive difference.

Nov 8, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #588 of 1,725
Thank you. Is there any specific tip that i should look for or any known brand tip is also fine?

I prefer/use them with Spinfit CP100. I don't like stock tips on it, tho (I couldn't get a seal).

As dharmas said, you should also look into wider bores for that treble extension.

Nov 8, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #589 of 1,725
I prefer/use them with Spinfit CP100. I don't like stock tips on it, tho (I couldn't get a seal).

As dharmas said, you should also look into wider bores for that treble extension.
Spiral Dot's L do extend the treble but do not subdue mid bass at all, due to their shape and material. Check using 'Ambitionz Az A Ridah' 2PAC. Wide bore vs narrow bore is sometimes true regarding bass but very dependent on the type of silicone, thickness, shape etc. Some tips like the Spiral Dot L give room for the bass to resonate.

Nov 8, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #590 of 1,725
Spiral Dot's L do extend the treble but do not subdue mid bass at all, due to their shape and material. Check using 'Ambitionz Az A Ridah' 2PAC. Wide bore vs narrow bore is sometimes true regarding bass but very dependent on the type of silicone, thickness, shape etc. Some tips like the Spiral Dot L give room for the bass to resonate.
Does Spiral Dot's L has anything difference compare to the M or S ? I've always been using S size tips, 'cos most of the time M,L size are too big and i can't get a good fit with them.

Nov 8, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #591 of 1,725
Does Spiral Dot's L has anything difference compare to the M or S ? I've always been using S size tips, 'cos most of the time M,L size are too big and i can't get a good fit with them.
I can't really say because I have bloody big ears :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink:

Nov 12, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #592 of 1,725
Here is my take on the Mele.

Quality V shape.

Can you explain to me the Mele's meshes are why "very very fine"?

Very fine because they are totally uncleanable? They are. I had to selling out due to the continously channel imbalance. Am not young to playing with filters like some lego.

I think many folks here are not music lovers, just collectors from the richer side of the wold. They have dozens of iems but they never use them more than 1 hours daily. They just analize and talks a lot without true stress test.

If you use the mele daily at least 4 hours and during this you moving and drinking a lot you will see. Everyone's ears release the sweat sooner or later. Its not visible but the meshes will be clogged in. Very annoying. If you try to clean them with alcohol after the 7th time the glue of the meshes will be solved. And you have an usless garbage iem now.

Its not that big problem if you have 50+ iems. But many others on the world just want one good set. And they trust you. And they collect the money for the one. And two weeks later it will be a piece of crap because you say "very very fine meshes". No its not. Its almost a manufacturing error. Especially selling it without additional stock meshes. It needs at least 10 pair for free!

I cant recommend this crap for true music lovers who prefer listening longer periods. Especially on the poorer hotter side of the earth. They are still humans and maybe works harder then these "collectors" with endless equipment.

Its sad because its sounds good. I sold mine. And i wont buy this kind of stuff like this. Maybe i will go for the ARIA.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #593 of 1,725

Very fine because they are totally uncleanable? They are. I had to selling out due to the continously channel imbalance. Am not young to playing with filters like some lego.

I think many folks here are not music lovers, just collectors from the richer side of the wold. They have dozens of iems but they never use them more than 1 hours daily. They just analize and talks a lot without true stress test.

If you use the mele daily at least 4 hours and during this you moving and drinking a lot you will see. Everyone's ears release the sweat sooner or later. Its not visible but the meshes will be clogged in. Very annoying. If you try to clean them with alcohol after the 7th time the glue of the meshes will be solved. And you have an usless garbage iem now.

Its not that big problem if you have 50+ iems. But many others on the world just want one good set. And they trust you. And they collect the money for the one. And two weeks later it will be a piece of crap because you say "very very fine meshes". No its not. Its almost a manufacturing error. Especially selling it without additional stock meshes. It needs at least 10 pair for free!

I cant recommend this crap for true music lovers who prefer listening longer periods. Especially on the poorer hotter side of the earth. They are still humans and maybe works harder then these "collectors" with endless equipment.

Its sad because its sounds good. I sold mine. And i wont buy this kind of stuff like this. Maybe i will go for the ARIA.
Message from "collector" with endless equipment: ARIA is perfect decision, very mature sound. Mele is only his "poor relative":wink:

Nov 12, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #594 of 1,725

Linsoul sells replacement filters. They are very cheap. Yes, they should have been sold together with the Mele from the beginning. I have a theory that they did not understand the extent of the problem until after launch of the product.

The Mele are a lot of fun. I am sorry you won’t get to enjoy them, but life is short and you should find something that you are thrilled with.

Nov 12, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #595 of 1,725

The Aria uses the same kind of meshes

Nov 12, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #596 of 1,725
Linsoul sells replacement filters. They are very cheap. Yes, they should have been sold together with the Mele from the beginning. I have a theory that they did not understand the extent of the problem until after launch of the product.

The Mele are a lot of fun. I am sorry you won’t get to enjoy them, but life is short and you should find something that you are thrilled with.
I had new filters. But again i dont wanna playing with that "iem-lego".
Yes, mele was fun. Perfect to me. A big hit n miss. Im affraid others will find my experience later too.
I gave it once to my syster for a try. The filters just fallen out from the nozzle after that she said "would be good one set to me". :DDD
So not the sound the main problem.

illumidata: the Aria looks different on the pics. Normal metal mesh to me.​

My eyes on hiby seed 2 or whizzer he01b now..

Nov 12, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #597 of 1,725
I had new filters. But again i dont wanna playing with that "iem-lego".
Yes, mele was fun. Perfect to me. A big hit n miss. Im affraid others will find my experience later too.
I gave it once to my syster for a try. The filters just fallen out from the nozzle after that she said "would be good one set to me". :DDD
So not the sound the main problem.

illumidata: the Aria looks different on the pics. Normal metal mesh to me.​

My eyes on hiby seed 2 or whizzer he01b now..
I have a slightly different perspective. As a very imperfect analogy.. I recently had to buy new tires for my car. Spending that much money on them really bothered me, but I understand that maintenance is required sometimes, whether we like it or not. I understand that not all IEMs require filter replacements… but some do, so it is not just the Mele.

I hope you are thrilled with whatever you find and that it is perfect for you.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #600 of 1,725
Hi guys, I am also having imbalance/ condensation issue. Wondering if Linsoul agrees to provide free filter. Has anyone had success with this?
A set of 10 pairs (20 total) filters and replacement tool cost $5.99 USD. I think that, while some might be tempted to make an argument for free filters as a matter of principle, as a matter of practicality may I suggest just paying the $5.99…?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back