Tripowin Lea Fan Club - Impressions & Discussion
Feb 14, 2022 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ian91

Headphoneus Supremus
I thought I would kick off a thread for the Lea. There has been a lot of attention on Tripowin and recent collaboration projects (and for good reason!) but not enough I feel for this, especially given the price : performance. While not the most technical or 'exciting' IEM, it has a great tonality about it that handles my vocal, jazz and world music well. The driver has some very natural qualities with a lovely decay. For me, it offers something to the budget range that is quite unique.

lea.jpg

_DSC3071.jpg

Any Lea fans out there?!

Feb 17, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 16
well, not alot of fan right now it seem....but they just come out and i think at this price, they will pass test of time.

I like their tonality and technicalities for this price, timbre is so so depending of instrument type.

One thing sure it hit way abot its price range. Presentation is very open, detailed yet not agressive. A keeper.

oh, my review:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tripowin-leá.25709/

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 16
well, not alot of fan right now it seem....but they just come out and i think at this price, they will pass test of time.

I like their tonality and technicalities for this price, timbre is so so depending of instrument type.

One thing sure it hit way abot its price range. Presentation is very open, detailed yet not agressive. A keeper.

oh, my review:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tripowin-leá.25709/

Great review :). Yeah, the open presentation for the price is great. Out do you think the timbre falls short, out of interest?

I'm one of its fans. Its tonal and technical are great for its price, especially once I change its stock cable and tips. Like you said, I love its versatility to match with various music genres on my playlist. For me Lea is better than any kz that I've ever tried, including zex pro, zex, CRA, DQ6, and etc

Glad you're enjoying and definitely agree, tips and cable are terrible!

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #5 of 16
Any comparisons against the ER2SE/XR and Tanchjim Ola?

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #6 of 16
Ola went up for sale 48hours ago, so slim chance of that comparison just yet. I would be interested in the ER2SE/XR // ER3SE/XR comparisons too.

Feb 18, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #7 of 16
Great review :). Yeah, the open presentation for the price is great. Out do you think the timbre falls short, out of interest?

Yep bro. Its stock cable and tips are quite terrible. Definitely needs to change it to maximize its sound quality

Feb 18, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #8 of 16

thing is that i review with stock cable as a ''rule''....and im super uber grumpy about timbre....it just fall short in density, so a bit thin, but very good and realist at they end. just very rarely upper harmonic can dominate timbre impression, for violin for ex.

Feb 19, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #9 of 16
I love leas. I'm so lucky ceeluh7 recommended them to me. I was gonna pass them up thinking they'd be meh cause of the price. I've used them more than my arias. The leas are comfortable, forgiving with the source, and take eq well. Really a must buy imo.

Feb 27, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #10 of 16
Any comparisons against the ER2SE/XR and Tanchjim Ola?
The Ola somehow has less bass than the er2se, has quiet vocals, larger soundstage, and less detail.

It has a softer more diffuse presentation than the fine grain presentation of the er2se. Also more boring in my opinion, I prefer my er2se.

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #11 of 16
Fixed my pc running linux to stream ldac. Was super easy, idk why I didn't do this before. I mostly used wired, though. Anyway, leas with az09 pros are so good. Before on sbc it sounded bad. I've been using my olinas with utws3's lately, but these really surprised me. Was not expecting this combo to be so good and was gonna sell my az09s. Oh and they work without cutting around the connector on the az's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back