TripleFi 10 Reshell - Question (UK)
May 18, 2011 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jonwb

New Head-Fier
Hey 
beyersmile.png

I've got a pair of Triplefi's (R side broken) that ideally, I'd like to get reshelled...

Can someone advise me on the best way to get this done? ...and How much roughly should it cost?

The general consensus tells me that I should go with Unique Melody, but how do I do this?
(Do I go through AmpCity (uk - £200???) or do i email someone in china or something??)

I'm willing to spend some good money on getting this done as I want them to last me, but from the sound of it, £200 seems pretty steep! although I could be wrong...

Thanks, any help is much appreciated.

May 21, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 7
Not to sure what the best way is to go about getting customs made, I thought about getting my IE8s done but to be fair i think i'll get some WS4 and get those customed, Their is another company that does customs http://www.themp3company.co.uk, But i think they only sell the full setups, I wonder what drivers amp city uses they are alot cheaper then those Westone based customs.

Nat.

May 22, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 7
Almost every company seems to offer TF10 reshells...so I'm not sure which one you should choose, I haven't seen many impressions on different ones around here.  Try sending an email to each one with a link to that picture and ask if they can do it.  I doubt you'll find much of a difference from one to the other, since it'll still be the same IEM in a different shell.

And natahsaful, you can't get dynamic driver IEMs customed.  It would be interesting if they could do it, but so far, nobody has offered such a service yet...and Westone actually offers various custom IEMs already, it would probably be better and cheaper to go for one of their actual custom offerings to start with.

May 22, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Hey 
beyersmile.png

I've got a pair of Triplefi's (R side broken) that ideally, I'd like to get reshelled...

Can someone advise me on the best way to get this done? ...and How much roughly should it cost?

The general consensus tells me that I should go with Unique Melody, but how do I do this?
(Do I go through AmpCity (uk - £200???) or do i email someone in china or something??)

I'm willing to spend some good money on getting this done as I want them to last me, but from the sound of it, £200 seems pretty steep! although I could be wrong...

Thanks, any help is much appreciated.

Theres also fisher hearing in the states that does it for $90 dollars, but you would still have to provide your own impressions. Theres also the risk of tax on customs along with refits. I find that ampcity price slightly silly as you still have to go out and get your own impressions done so looking at £250 plus!

May 22, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 7
Shouldn't cost you more than $159AUD plus a cable ~$50AUD for a re-shell.

Keep in mind though that I think the AMP city boys have to inflate their prices slightly to cover incoming taxes on the way back in.

Any other distributor, UMAus included will be able to get you going with your re-shell, but can't promise anything regarding incoming taxes.

May 23, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks everyone for replying :)

In the end, I've just decided to go for AmpCity, mainly because it's the easiest option.
...It might be a little on the expensive side, but as long as they turn out well/look good, last a while and obviously sound good, I'm happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back