Triplefi 10 ordered, anything I need to know?
Apr 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #16 of 36

Quote:
I was afraid of the TF10's treble being too much for me, but I found it to be amazingly detailed without being harsh. Unfortunately, the fit wasn't for me, so it had to go. If you get a good fit with the TF10, it's still one of the very best universal IEMs out there, and a great value IMO.

Its also the lowest way to get into customs.

Apr 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #17 of 36

Quote:
Its also the lowest way to get into customs.

does turning the tf10 change any of the sound signature? i have always been tempted to try the tf10 but i have always been afraid of fitment.

just wondered if you turn the tf10 into custom would it change the sig for good or bad or neutral no change at all?

Apr 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #18 of 36

Quote:
does turning the tf10 change any of the sound signature? i have always been tempted to try the tf10 but i have always been afraid of fitment.

just wondered if you turn the tf10 into custom would it change the sig for good or bad or neutral no change at all?

Its not suppose to change the sound, there are numerous reasons for going customs. No more dealing with tips, they sit flush and look better than the TF10. You get to make them look to your style and IMHO, they are much better quality wise then the stock TF10.

Apr 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #19 of 36
As people above have mentioned just be careful when removing the cable.

Or the socket might end up like this.

Apart from that and fitting problems I hear nothing but good things about them. I can't speak on the treble until my new pair arrive soon.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #20 of 36
I just received the Sony Hybrids, and I was disappointed. They didn't seem much more special over standard silicone tips. The comply T500 work best for me, but really can't stand how often they need to be replaced. The Shure olives can be stretched out and that's what I resorted to. You have the stretch them as though you wanna break them - they're that tough! For removing them, you can't twist them off. You have to 'push' them out. I used my fingernails. I love how this worked out for me but this mod isn't for everyone. Oh. Normally I use the medium sized tips, but for this particular mod, I tried both the medium and small shure tips. The small shure tips felt much better.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #21 of 36
  1. how many hours should I burn in?
  2. do i need to buy custom tips?
  3. do I need to watch out for build quality issues?

to get the best sound potential 200 hours will be perfect.

Not neccessarily you will only need custom eartips if you cant get a goog enough seal with the eartips the earphone provided you with.

Yes deffinately with mine i soon noticed, that the memory wire at the end from where i kept molding it arround my ear poked out at the end of the wire within 3 days of use so just watch out for that otherwise there build quality is fine. 

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #22 of 36

Quote:
Its not suppose to change the sound, there are numerous reasons for going customs. No more dealing with tips, they sit flush and look better than the TF10. You get to make them look to your style and IMHO, they are much better quality wise then the stock TF10.

yeah, i am aware of the benifits of the customs i just wondered if you take a universal iem and make it custom would there be any change in the acoustics or how the iem's sound. since you are changing the housings wasnt sure if that would open up the sound or anything like that.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #23 of 36
I hope you like treble!
biggrin.gif
  Also.... Invest in an aftermarket cable.  You will understand why when you receive them.

I'm very happy with my aftermarket cable (budget under $40).

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #24 of 36
I read threads that made me want to get it, then read threads that dampened my enthusiasm.

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #25 of 36
I read threads that made me want to get it, then read threads that dampened my enthusiasm.

For the longest time, I was a shure fanboy. In fact, when I first received the tf10 , I was surprised how different they sounded - therefore I believed they had lower quality of sound. the TF10 Coupled with the Comply tips, I just loved the comfort so I began to wear them more often. Because the nozzle is larger on the Ultimate ears, there isn't as much foam and as a result, the comply tips don't last nearly as long as the shure compatible versions. When I returned to the Shure's.. they sounded way to analytical. The mids and highs were clear but forward. The shures were my benchmark iems, and now the TF10s are. Obviously, everyone will have different tastes, but that's how I came to appreciate the TF10s. I still love the Shure's though! and their tips.

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #27 of 36
Ah yes, the TF10 cable. That shiny, tangly, memory-prone thing. Never got around to trying an aftermarket cable, but I think even the relatively cheap FiiO/Oyaide cable would be a significant upgrade, at least in terms of physical characteristics.

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #28 of 36

Quote:
I had my Shure SE215 for a whopping 5 days before I got rid of them. Of course the 215 isnt the higher end of the line, but the second I put my TF10 in, I liked them better.

although i havent owned the tf10 i had a chance to hear them on occasions, and i would say the tf10 are better than the e3c,se310,se315,se420 i love shure, but feel their bottom to mid tier lack heavily.

the tf10 are just a really great iem for the price.

Apr 19, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #30 of 36
They're arriving tomorrow. 
tongue_smile.gif

Would iPhone 4S/iPad be able to drive tf10? really regret getting rid of Cowon D2 and might have to buy another now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back