Triple-flange sleeves & discomfort
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #17 of 29
i have no idea how to fit these triple flanges into my ear lol. the two sizes provided by monster doesn't seem to go right into my ear canal
redface.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #18 of 29
it takes a bit to get used to if you never used triple flanges before. I use them on my CK10 so it's not too bad after you learn how to insert them.

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have no idea how to fit these triple flanges into my ear lol. the two sizes provided by monster doesn't seem to go right into my ear canal
redface.gif

It's true they can be tricky to insert. I couldn't get them in right either the first time I tried them and discounted them based on that. But a few months later, I tried again and by playing around figured it out. I found trying to lightly inserting them so that I get an initial seal was a good guide to getting them in correctly. Once I got them started right, then it was just a matter of pushing them in further. Like with other tips, it can help to pull the top of the ear up and out to help open the ear canal when inserting.

Also, I found it helpful to trim the stem back so that the tips fit closer to the IEM body. That helped insure the IEMs sit flush in my ear, rather than sticking out a bit.

Apr 20, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz

Agree with Arjisme regarding the yanking-the-ear trick. Most instructions recommend some complicated yoga involving raising the ear with the opposite hand, but one can quickly get the hang of doing it one-handed.

Disagree a little about cutting the stem. For some IEMs that have exceptionally poor fit (IE8, Klipsch Custom), those stems are a lifesaver.

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #24 of 29
double post.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaw2ek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you get these?

replacement tips dr dre, Electronics. Great deals on eBay!

These were suggested by an earlier post on this forum.

Question:...I'm using large size triple-flanges...and i can tell that they are sealed...but it seems like they don't go straight into my ear canal - they get twisted, etc. Do I need to go down a size?

Cheers.

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelOH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
replacement tips dr dre, Electronics. Great deals on eBay!

These were suggested by an earlier post on this forum.

Question:...I'm using large size triple-flanges...and i can tell that they are sealed...but it seems like they don't go straight into my ear canal - they get twisted, etc. Do I need to go down a size?

Cheers.

id say go down a size or cut the tip off turning them into double flange
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #28 of 29
Just got my first pairs of triple flange tips today and I gotta say, these are going to take some getting used to in terms of comfort. Occasionally, they made my ear canals itch like crazy and inserting them deep into my ears makes me feel like they're being violated.

Sound quality is good though and I'm liking the increased isolation with my RE0s. I may buy another couple of pairs and try trimming them to achieve a more desirable comfort level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back