Triple.fi10 help (UK)
May 11, 2011 at 4:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Jonwb

New Head-Fier
Hey Everybody!
I'm new here, so hopefully I won't sound like too much of an idiot! Anyway, I've had a quick look around but didn't find what it was I was looking for so hopefully you won't mind helping me out...
I got my New... Triple.Fi10's recently, I bought them from the US on ebay and got them pretty cheap, but the problem now, is that I tried to switch the cable (carefully) on the headphones and... well, I died a little inside when this happened:

I figure I've got three options...
1) Try and contact UE and try to get them replaced
Where's the best place to go for this? I know they have a form on the Logitech Site, but it asks for product SN etc, but these came in the small black cardboard box, and I can't seem to find anything anywhere...
- Do you think that they would replace them - as i bought them on ebay? (They were brand new when I got them if that helps?)

2) Buy a new pair...

I've considered it, but I'd rather try something else first! Plus, I don't want to risk buying them again, for the same thing to eventually happen!

3) Get them Reshelled? which a lot of people on here seem to have done, but I have a few questions about this:
Where is the best place for me to go?
...I found the AmpCity Website:
http://www.ampcity.co.uk/headphones/unique-melody-custom-iem-reshelling.html

Has anyone used AmpCity for getting their Earphones reshelled?
Will I end up sending it to Unique Melody in China anyway?
What is a decent price (including shipping from/to the UK)?

Could anyone walk me through the process of getting this done?
who's the best person to contact? etc. and Is there anything I should watch out for or anything I should ask for to make sure the job gets done quickly/properly?

Ideally, if there's someone in the UK that's had this done, It'd be great if you could let me know who you chose!
Anyway, That's a pretty long post already, so I've leave it at that,
Sorry if I've missed something blatantly obvious on here that I should have checked out, but either way, I hope someone could just point me in the right direction!

Cheers,
Jon.

EDIT:

Well, Nevermind! - I got a reply from Logitech, and they've offered to replace them!
I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting that, but I'm chuffed! Saved me another £200 or so that I don't really have :)

I guess at some point, i may decide to turn them into customs, but for now - I'm happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back