Triple Fi--quality still there???
Sep 20, 2009 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tnmike1

Headphoneus Supremus
Thinking about returning to Triple Fi IEMs after I sold my pair awhile back. They were from the original manufacturer. So the question is: since the brand has been sold, has the quality remained??? Any changes from the old mnufacturer I should be aware of???

Sep 20, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 8
Not just the brand, but the whole company was sold - assuming Logitech didn't fire everyone in the factory, I don't see why TF10's build quality should decrease. At least I haven't seen any increase in complaining (about UE quality) since the Logitech's acquisition. One thing I do notice is that the warranty is now 1 year (instead of 2).

Sep 20, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 8
I can't confirm this but I would imagine virtually nothing has changed. I suspect they are made in the same factory by the same people with the same materials. It is a lot of red tape to make changes, new approval processes, documentation changes, new filings, etc...it's more work for everyone.

Sep 20, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 8
Considering Logitech raised the prices as soon as they took over, that's a pretty good indication that quality is on par with pre-Logitech buds. If they wanted to cut corners and make a cheaper quality product, the LEAST they could do is leave the price untouched... I will say, Logitech's customer service is complete ass compared to UE, but the TF10 still remains my favorite universal.

Sep 21, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 8
I ask the question only because I noticed that several of the big earphone dealers on this forum have dropped the Trip Fis. So wondered why. Maybe having to do with warranty periods?? OR quality?? Or other reasons

Sep 21, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ask the question only because I noticed that several of the big earphone dealers on this forum have dropped the Trip Fis. So wondered why. Maybe having to do with warranty periods?? OR quality?? Or other reasons

I noticed that as well, particularly at earphonesolutions (I sure wish I coulda caught wind of their discontinuance before they sold what was left of their stock! They were selling TF10s for $229!). But the site specifically states:

Quote:

Last year Ultimate Ears was acquired by Logitech (the mouse and keyboard company) which implemented some changes in the distribution and changed the warranty from 2 years to 1 year.

So, I'm guessing Logitech more or less made the call or set certain restrictions that ES didn't agree with. I trust UE is still as good as they've always been. I can't say the same for their new customer service.

Sep 21, 2009 at 11:55 AM Post #8 of 8
Headroom, too, no longer lists them on their site, although they DO still list the higher-end custom series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back