Triple Fi-ers, How do you get a good seal?
Dec 3, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #16 of 21

The reason you're probably not getting a good seal is because you are reshaping it every time. Find a good shape from the memory wire and don't reshape it ever again.

If you wish to wear it, just "hook" it over your ears and plug them in.

The memory wire is not supposed to hug your ears and clamp with the force of 9001 newtons, rather it just rests loosely against the top of your ears and glides downwards. If it touches your lobes, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Sweet it sounds like those hybrids are the shiz. I'll give those a try. So far the flip mod with an angular upward scooping fit seems to be pretty solid. 
It's sucks that you have to reshape it everytime it comes out though... I guess that's the downside to Over-the-ear IEMs.

Dec 4, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #17 of 21
Thanks for all those you contributed. So I've been testing it out the past day and the slight angle turn, scooping in motion, in conjunction with the flip flop mod is making these fit great. The seal is remaining even when I turn my head completely to the sides and moving around. I ordered the Sony Hybrids anyway cause I do lose a little bit of the seal when I move my jaw like I laugh at something or yawn. Might be a little bit more comfortable too. But can't complain. 

On another note, I bought these TF10s fully prepared to sell them disappointed but the opposite as happened. I shouldn't keep both the TF10s and headphones but these are seriously perfect, can't get rid of them. Seriously hope they never break...

Dec 4, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
For me is the flip mod and the blue sony Hybrids, with that i reach the best sound and the good fit for my ears.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Never had that much luck with my IE7/IE8/FX700 though. comfort wise I could wear them for several hours. Now taking them out constantly wouldn't be good as that would then start causing ear pain.

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #21 of 21
Just a quick update. Bought the Sony Hybrids, working marvelously. They aren't exactly going to fix a "fit" problem, especially if its due to the shape of the ear or the size/curve of the ear monitor, but for a seal once it's in the ear, they're perfect. They're softer and more.. jello-y. Kind of like foam but silicone. So far they're working out great. Even have them on my Super Fi 5vi's which I ditched cause the cord was **** and the earpiece kept coming out of my ears. Now, the Superfi 5vi's are staying in rock solid AND I wear them "straight down" and not over the ears. I can go jogging with them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back