Triple Fi 10 Earphones afterthought
Jan 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

seunghoyoum

New Head-Fier
I just bought these guys  and it's been nearly been a week. The sound is starting to adapt to my ears, or burn-in or whatever those peipke are saying, and i'm getting used to it. I like the beat, it really hits with impact, not only electronics but with other genres as well. Now, as for the sound signature, although I'm not an audiophile or even a person with many expreiences with earphones or headphones, I thought the sound to be neutral. I never had other good earphones to compare but when I first heard them that's what I felt. So here is my question:

To the audiophiles or expreienced headphones listeneres, out of the many products such as the senns beyerdynamics akgs denons etc, would you say the sound signature of these TF10 are neutral? If it is, what are some headphones or earphones that have a more musical, bumpy, bassy, kind of signature?

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #3 of 12
The sound signature is not neutral on the TF10s.  They actually have quite a deep V-shape in them (thusly they are actually a V-shaped signature).  Now, do note that the natural hearing curve of the human ear is in the shape of a V.  So the TF10s may sound more natural to your ear, but it's not neutral.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 12
The TF10s are definitely not neutral to my ears. If anything, they're V-shaped like others have been saying. Not that that lack of neutrality is a bad thing. Heck, I love them for not being neutral. They're very colored and a bit polarizing I'd think but I like it quite a bit.

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
F10 really not that neutral.  Definitely on the "colored" side.

W3 is more bassy, bumpy and maybe more musical.

I find F10 bass plenty. If W3 has even more quantity, not sure I'd like them.
I too enjoy F10 sound. The treble is detailed and excellent. More detailed vs IE80.  IE80 is more relaxed. Seems W3 has even more energy than F10.

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #6 of 12
W3 has more bass quantity and in particular is has more midbass, I didn't like it, it made it sound sloppy to my ears..

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #7 of 12
Even though the TF10 isn't a neutral headphone, it sounded more neutral to me than the w3.

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #8 of 12
Yes, TF10 will sound more neutral than W3.

W3 definitely has more bass (or a pronounced bass hump that TF10 doesn't have).  But is doesn't bother me : )

I think W3 sounds a little better unamped.  As mentioned it has more energy.

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #9 of 12
Not neutral to my ears as well.

To my ear mids are recessed & elevated highs. Combined with poor separation & average sound stage  they are not to my liking to say the least.

I would say GR07's are neutral & in the similar price range. Another is EPH100 which is fairly neutral with a hint bass boost (>TF10's) & slightly forward mids. Very musical to my ears & best of all clarity without fatiguing highs.

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
I find F10 bass plenty. If W3 has even more quantity, not sure I'd like them.
I too enjoy F10 sound. The treble is detailed and excellent. More detailed vs IE80.  IE80 is more relaxed. Seems W3 has even more energy than F10.

what is the F10?

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #11 of 12
Jan 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #12 of 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back