Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now!
Sep 25, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #631 of 755
  I have had the pleasure of using these for about a week now.  The positive reviews on Head-Fi certainly helped my decision.  In addition, I know that Brooko has been giving advice to the company and I certainly respect his judgement.

My biggest surprise so far is that I am far less of a bass head than I thought I was.  The silvers are simply too much bass for me.  I am still wavering between the gunmetals; golds (with filter), and purple as my preferred choice.  I really never would have thought that I might consider IEM filters that have a reduced bass signature.  I guess I am sensitive to the presence of low bass but not an abundance of low bass.  I know that seems somewhat inconsistent given that I really could not jump up and down on the top end Pinnacles due to a lack of sub bass; but with those I felt like the bass just rolled off too soon for my taste.  With the Vyrus the sub bass is there, the question is just how much overall bass one will want.

The closest comparison for these for me right now would be the out of production LZ-A2.  For those lamenting the recent price hike of the Carbo Tenores I would say that these are a very good choice as an alternative at a similar price point.  Really an upgrade for modest additional dollars.

I have the **** 4 in 1s on the way also; but based on the comments of others I suspect that the Trinity Vyrus will be my new go to units for now.  Comfortable; tunable, enjoyable.

My next step up would be quite a hike in price (I still groove on the FLC 8S).

I was the same way.  Have you checked out the atlas delta's by trinity audio?

You have FLC 8s's?

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #634 of 755
  Still waiting for mine to arrive :frowning2: i hope the parcel is on it´s way and not lost, they shipped Aug 9 so is close to 2 months, but gonna wait for another week or so.

That doesn't sound right...
frown.gif
 Maybe if you lived in Antartica.

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #636 of 755
Hey all,

I just discovered Trinity, and I'm very intrigued. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on either the ATLAS DELTA or VYRUS in order to replace my HIFIMAN RE-400i. My current over ears are KEF M500.

Info seems scarce, so I wonder if anyone could offer some insight on differences between sound signatures and fit or comfort between these two models. -- As I'm on the go quite a bit, I require an iPhone compatible in-line mic. The ATLAS DELTA seems to come with this option, but I'm not clear about the VYRUS. (It's a long thread, so apologies if this repeats questions.)

Thanks very much for your time!

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #637 of 755
i happen to have the M500. in fact it's probably my favorite portable headpones ever.

i do not have the atlas, but i can tell you vyrus and M500 sound quite different. M500 is more relaxed and smooth. Vyrus has a bit of attack to it. M500's slightly warm sound is similar to vyrus, but presentation is different. Vyrus simply sounded smaller. but to be fair, M500 has a 40mm driver and it also costs nearly 5 times more. 

Hey all,

I just discovered Trinity, and I'm very intrigued. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on either the ATLAS DELTA or VYRUS in order to replace my HIFIMAN RE-400i. My current over ears are KEF M500.

Info seems scarce, so I wonder if anyone could offer some insight on differences between sound signatures and fit or comfort between these two models. -- As I'm on the go quite a bit, I require an iPhone compatible in-line mic. The ATLAS DELTA seems to come with this option, but I'm not clear about the VYRUS. (It's a long thread, so apologies if this repeats questions.)

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #638 of 755
  i happen to have the M500. in fact it's probably my favorite portable headpones ever.

i do not have the atlas, but i can tell you vyrus and M500 sound quite different. M500 is more relaxed and smooth. Vyrus has a bit of attack to it. M500's slightly warm sound is similar to vyrus, but presentation is different. Vyrus simply sounded smaller. but to be fair, M500 has a 40mm driver and it also costs nearly 5 times more. 

Thanks for the reply. This is helpful. Just trying to get a sense of the Trinity sound, if there is one, which seems complicated by the changeable filters.

I love the M500, which I find very smooth and neutral. But I only wear them indoors. I'm looking to replace the RE-400i, which I use on the go and like for the neutral sound, though I would enjoy either a punchier or deeper bass (though it's admirable for its size). It's the build quality that's been a major problem. So that's another reason Trinity intrigues with detachable cables.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #639 of 755
  Hey all,

The atlas delta is a much better IEM than the vyrus.  I have listened to both thoroughly.  The atlas delta has the exact same sound signature as the trinity audio delta vII so if you are wondering how it sounds you can look at this review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/trinity-delta-v2-dual-hybrid-iem/reviews/16080

The only problem that occurred with the delta vII was the fit, which was remedied by the new casing of the atlas delta.

The fit of the vyrus (lacking balanced armatures) is great, but its sound doesn't come close to the resolution of the atlas delta/delta vII, which have the balanced armatures.

The vyrus is more v-shaped than the atlas delta/delta vII sound.  The sound signature of the atlas delta is still v-shaped, but it is very versatile with the filters it comes with and is highly enjoyable on all the filters due to the higher resolution and an overall better balance.  The delta vII/atals delta sound is beautiful.  The vyrus gives a good introduction to that sound, but it can't quite pull off the sparkle and the resolution.  The sparkle the delta vII/atlas delta has is something special.  

The vyrus is a good little IEM, but if you also want good sound and even beautiful sound that will make u smile against your will, I highly suggest the atlas delta especially while it has this wonderful discount.

Trinity audio also has the master 4 still on sale which is purported by BOB, the founder and engineer of trinity audio, to be the delta vII on steroids.  No one knows how it sounds though.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #640 of 755

Thanks for the reply. This is helpful. Just trying to get a sense of the Trinity sound, if there is one, which seems complicated by the changeable filters.

I love the M500, which I find very smooth and neutral. But I only wear them indoors. I'm looking to replace the RE-400i, which I use on the go and like for the neutral sound, though I would enjoy either a punchier or deeper bass (though it's admirable for its size). It's the build quality that's been a major problem. So that's another reason Trinity intrigues with detachable cables.

yeah maybe sabre is the better choice. personally i find it quite enjoyable. it's defnitely bassier and more spacious than vyrus. also give PM4 a try if you can take a bit of risk. it's on pre-order and few know how it sound precisely, but by the looks of things it is a steal at current price after discount.

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #641 of 755
^^ Very helpful, guys. Thanks. If I could ask one other question about fit.

My ears are probably on the smaller side. I've often had issues with buds popping out, which may just mean that I haven't found the right tips yet. But I'm using the black double-flange tips that come with the RE-400i right now. And this is after using the smaller single-flange which really went into my ear and actually got stuck (had to see a doctor to get it removed). So, with that being said, I know the Vyrus is smaller than the Atlas Delta. I wonder if you might anticipate any fit issues for me. -- And if the Phantom Master 4 is any bigger or smaller than the Atlas Delta.

Also just looking at the Sabre...so trying to make sense of the offerings. Thanks again!

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #642 of 755
  ^^ Very helpful, guys. Thanks. If I could ask one other question about fit.

My ears are probably on the smaller side. I've often had issues with buds popping out, which may just mean that I haven't found the right tips yet. But I'm using the black double-flange tips that come with the RE-400i right now. And this is after using the smaller single-flange which really went into my ear and actually got stuck (had to see a doctor to get it removed). So, with that being said, I know the Vyrus is smaller than the Atlas Delta. I wonder if you might anticipate any fit issues for me. -- And if the Phantom Master 4 is any bigger or smaller than the Atlas Delta.

Also just looking at the Sabre...so trying to make sense of the offerings. Thanks again!

It sounds like you need to find the right earplugs.  I'd ask @Bobtrinity about the fit because he has smaller ears, too.  The vyruses fit great.

If you prefer a more neutral sound i don't recommend the sabre.  The sabre has vivid sound due to forward upper frequencies, but if you like that, it is excellent.  The Sabre is a different flavor that It is substantially v-shaped.  If you are looking for a punchy bass, I recommend the phantom master 4.  It has the same drivers as the sabre's, which have an excellent bass, and is punchy, and also those balanced armatures.  

It also depends if you want to wait or wish to have it immediately.

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #643 of 755

It sounds like you need to find the right earplugs.  I'd ask @Bobtrinity about the fit because he has smaller ears, too.  The vyruses fit great.

If you prefer a more neutral sound i don't recommend the sabre.  The sabre has vivid sound due to forward upper frequencies, but if you like that, it is excellent.  The Sabre is a different flavor that It is substantially v-shaped.  If you are looking for a punchy bass, I recommend the phantom master 4.  It has the same drivers as the sabre's, which have an excellent bass, and is punchy, and also those balanced armatures.  

It also depends if you want to wait or wish to have it immediately.

Thanks. I'm probably looking at a choice between the Vyrus and the Atlas Delta for the purposes of sound, fit, and price. My RE-400i isn't dead yet, so I can wait for the AD to ship. This will probably come down to what I can figure out about the fit of the AD and whether the Vyrus comes with an in-line mic, since I would be using these as my daily on the go earphones. I can't seem to figure out if it does or not, or if this even an option. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #644 of 755
Thanks. I'm probably looking at a choice between the Vyrus and the Atlas Delta for the purposes of sound, fit, and price. My RE-400i isn't dead yet, so I can wait for the AD to ship. This will probably come down to what I can figure out about the fit of the AD and whether the Vyrus comes with an in-line mic, since I would be using these as my daily on the go earphones. I can't seem to figure out if it does or not, or if this even an option. 

I have the Vyrus and the cable that came with mine doesn't have a microphone. They may be available ask Bob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back