Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now!
Sep 29, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #646 of 755
Thanks. I'm probably looking at a choice between the Vyrus and the Atlas Delta for the purposes of sound, fit, and price. My RE-400i isn't dead yet, so I can wait for the AD to ship. This will probably come down to what I can figure out about the fit of the AD and whether the Vyrus comes with an in-line mic, since I would be using these as my daily on the go earphones. I can't seem to figure out if it does or not, or if this even an option. 

What is it you need to know? We are rather slammed right now, so fire away.

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #647 of 755
What is it you need to know? We are rather slammed right now, so fire away.

Aye, Bob. Thanks. I assumed something was up. -- I'm just getting up to speed on Trinity. It looks like you're doing some exciting work.

I believe I've narrowed it down to either the Vyrus or the Atlas Delta. I understand the Atlas Delta is superior in sound. However, since I'd like to use them mainly on the go, fit, comfort, and an iPhone compatible in-line mic are important.

I seem to have smaller ears, so I'm wondering about the Atlas Delta fit vs Vyrus. Also, the Atlas Delta seems to ship with an in-line mic, but I'm not clear about the Vyrus, or if this is even an option for this model. -- Thanks again for your time.

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #648 of 755
Same as you agalma. I'm down to the Atlas & the Vyrus and maybe the sabre & the master 4 (but I'll need some closed back over ear headphones soon, so nothing too expensive). 

I'm looking for comfort, good isolation/fit and good sound. 
I bought the Mee audio M6 Pro not too long ago because I wanted something very portable and cheap. The cable is very thin, the memory wire (2 cables; 2 memory wire cables) gets in the way of my glasses. But the case is nice and protects my Fiio X3II quite well.

So from what I read, Trinity's cables are nice and the cables are different (not just with and without mic), I like that and I like the idea of the different filters of Trinity Audio (which is why I'm looking at Trinity Audio).

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #649 of 755
  Same as you agalma. I'm down to the Atlas & the Vyrus and maybe the sabre & the master 4 (but I'll need some closed back over ear headphones soon, so nothing too expensive). 

I'm looking for comfort, good isolation/fit and good sound. 
I bought the Mee audio M6 Pro not too long ago because I wanted something very portable and cheap. The cable is very thin, the memory wire (2 cables; 2 memory wire cables) gets in the way of my glasses. But the case is nice and protects my Fiio X3II quite well.

So from what I read, Trinity's cables are nice and the cables are different (not just with and without mic), I like that and I like the idea of the different filters of Trinity Audio (which is why I'm looking at Trinity Audio).

So Bob was kind enough to respond via email to some of my questions. I seem to have smaller ears, which leads me to think the Sabre might be a better fit. It also has options for an in-line mic and remote, which are important for me since I use earphones on the go mainly for their portability. I also wear glasses and have avoided over-ear wires for that reason, but the Atlas Delta is what originally caught my attention, and with the promotion I was (and still am) very intrigued.

After talking to Bob, however, it seems like Sabre has smaller nozzles and might offer a better fit for me. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Sabre can also be worn up or down. It's a bit more than I wanted to spend, but as long as there are no problems with sibilance I may go for it. -- I'm going to read a bit more about the Sabre first. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #650 of 755

So Bob was kind enough to respond via email to some of my questions. I seem to have smaller ears, which leads me to think the Sabre might be a better fit. It also has options for an in-line mic and remote, which are important for me since I use earphones on the go mainly for their portability. I also wear glasses and have avoided over-ear wires for that reason, but the Atlas Delta is what originally caught my attention, and with the promotion I was (and still am) very intrigued.

After talking to Bob, however, it seems like Sabre has smaller nozzles and might offer a better fit for me. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Sabre can also be worn up or down. It's a bit more than I wanted to spend, but as long as there are no problems with sibilance I may go for it. -- I'm going to read a bit more about the Sabre first. 

I'm probably going to get the Vyrus because I don't need the in-line controls/mic, and they're available right now. And it seems to be a good one for a first taste of Trinity Audio.

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #654 of 755
The vyrus is definitely a great utilitarian IEM.  I use it everywhere I go...  But that's only because I don't have the trinity atlas delta yet.  I recommend that beauty if you can afford the extra 1.00GBP

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #655 of 755
  The vyrus is definitely a great utilitarian IEM.  I use it everywhere I go...  But that's only because I don't have the trinity atlas delta yet.  I recommend that beauty if you can afford the extra 1.00GBP

All helpful. Thanks. -- Especially some quick responses from Bob.

I had a question about the nozzle diameter on the Atlas/Vyrus (6mm) vs. Sabre (5.5mm). This doesn't seem very significant, especially with the addition of tips. I've had issues with buds popping out of my ears, and measure the HiFiMAN re-400i at 6mm. I'm leaning toward the Atlas Delta right now. -- I just wonder if anyone here can comment on the issue of fit (6mm vs. 5.5mm nozzles).

Oct 3, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #656 of 755

All helpful. Thanks. -- Especially some quick responses from Bob.

I had a question about the nozzle diameter on the Atlas/Vyrus (6mm) vs. Sabre (5.5mm). This doesn't seem very significant, especially with the addition of tips. I've had issues with buds popping out of my ears, and measure the HiFiMAN re-400i at 6mm. I'm leaning toward the Atlas Delta right now. -- I just wonder if anyone here can comment on the issue of fit (6mm vs. 5.5mm nozzles).

I've worn both sizes with the sabre and vyrus and i didn't notice any problem with it.  But the sabre comes with extended-length ear filters and the vyrus's small size allows it to fit deep in the ear.  I don't know how the atlas delta fits or if the shallow fit of the shape it may be a concern like with the original atlas.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #657 of 755
^^ Hm. Okay. It's impossible to tell what the AD looks like from the website. I wasn't concerned about nozzle length as much as I was the width. My sense is that Trinity is very good about offering a wide selection of tips, which should help, at least in theory. -- I would probably just go for the Vyrus if it had an in-line mic/remote. But since not, I'm leaning toward the AD.

Edit: Gah. It looks like they just raised the price.

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #658 of 755

The thing is, the more I look the less I know. Of course, why not the Atlas Delta (though I only saw pictures of them, I prefer the look of the old Atlas, but what really matters is the sound), I never heard the Altas nor the Delta. Never heard any Trinity IEM before, so... And then, it's a bit more expensive but why not the Phantom Master 4. But no one heard neither the Atlas Delta nor the Phantom Master 4, right?  
Which are the bass-heavy IEM (by Trinity of course), so I can discard them right away.
What sound do you expect from the Atlas Delta?

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #659 of 755
  ^^ Hm. Okay. It's impossible to tell what the AD looks like from the website. I wasn't concerned about nozzle length as much as I was the width. My sense is that Trinity is very good about offering a wide selection of tips, which should help, at least in theory. -- I would probably just go for the Vyrus if it had an in-line mic/remote. But since not, I'm leaning toward the AD.

Edit: Gah. It looks like they just raised the price.

With the head-fi discount I think it is the same as before... not sure if before raising the price it was allowed to use the discount in the A-D

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #660 of 755
  The thing is, the more I look the less I know. Of course, why not the Atlas Delta (though I only saw pictures of them, I prefer the look of the old Atlas, but what really matters is the sound), I never heard the Altas nor the Delta. Never heard any Trinity IEM before, so... And then, it's a bit more expensive but why not the Phantom Master 4. But no one heard neither the Atlas Delta nor the Phantom Master 4, right?  
Which are the bass-heavy IEM (by Trinity of course), so I can discard them right away.
What sound do you expect from the Atlas Delta?

Bob has stated that the Atlas Delta sounds the same as the Delta V II, you can use that reviews to know about the sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back