TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Oct 29, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #1,473 of 1,582
I was going to ask, Alexandros, how do you find the BR5?
Its a flat reference monitor i guess by the sound signature i been listening...
Stellar midrange/vocals like .real time studio reproduction ....more linear dry prrsentation not enhancing any frequency but with great treble extension....and some pics close the top end....not recommended for treble-phobics. ...
Similar to ibasso IT03 if you like flat reference sound....but it lacks at the low end region...i mean sub bass extension...
Thats why Rose technologies produced another flagship : Rose BR5 MK ii A combination of BR5 stellar performance and more bass orientated MK II.....
there are some similarities also to Fidue A83 tuning as well...if you like this difused sound signature its first on the list....
I like A83 sound signature as well....

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #1,475 of 1,582
Why trinity is discontinuing these Icarus 3 is beyond me
I am guessing as i have read all Bob's iem's projects are planned to be discontinued. ...maybe it has to do with copy rights policy or something like that...
Since Bob started his own IMR Acoustics audio label.....
Icarus IV though was announced before Bob's official departure from the company....and for our luck it is scheduled to hit the market as well.....
According to Bob......Icarus III was the best iem he had ever created for TA....and thats officially stated by Bob himself....
It doesnt make any other sense why to stop producing such an amazing sounding iem .....

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #1,476 of 1,582
Just got an email that the IMR -R1 starts shipping on Tuesday 31st of October
Heavily priced that one ......
A bit more saving and you get the Unique Melody new plannar magnetic iems......

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #1,477 of 1,582
Why trinity is discontinuing these Icarus 3 is beyond me

Production costs, bad rep on previous trinity ventures, rationalizing a long list of products with similar signatures... Their x series is taking back the icarus 3 and changing it around, while the icarus iv will maintain similar characteristics as the 3...

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #1,479 of 1,582
Production costs, bad rep on previous trinity ventures, rationalizing a long list of products with similar signatures... Their x series is taking back the icarus 3 and changing it around, while the icarus iv will maintain similar characteristics as the 3...
And what about the unique crossover configuration there ?.......i mean IV is supposed to be the first TA iem gaining this features......supposed to .......

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #1,480 of 1,582
I got it with £100 off pre-order price as a head-fi discount
I was informed as well back then by Bob by mail.....
Do you know if that discound still exist and if yes using what code exactly?

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #1,481 of 1,582
Oct 29, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,482 of 1,582
And what about the unique crossover configuration there ?.......i mean IV is supposed to be the first TA iem gaining this features......supposed to .......

"Unique"... I don't see how anything Trinity brings to the table can be considered unique, especially crossovers which we have no details on. And my point exactly: The differences between Icarus III and IV are pretty marginal, as is their price at "retail". So why not axe the product with lesser specs and make a newer, cheaper one which better separates the product lines?

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #1,483 of 1,582
"Unique"... I don't see how anything Trinity brings to the table can be considered unique, especially crossovers which we have no details on. And my point exactly: The differences between Icarus III and IV are pretty marginal, as is their price at "retail". So why not axe the product with lesser specs and make a newer, cheaper one which better separates the product lines?
Anyway.....
You are just describing the rulues of this audio industry business there....
Everybody follows that policy man....
Its a status qvo situation in iem labels man.....productivity and cost effectiveness. ....

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #1,484 of 1,582
Anyway.....
You are just describing the rulues of this audio industry business there....
Everybody follows that policy man....
Its a status qvo situation in iem labels man.....productivity and cost effectiveness. ....

Obviously. I have a feeling that production costs for the Icarus line just don't make it interesting for profit. So if everyone is aware that these are the rules of engagement of the industry, why wonder why they canned the icarus? It seems obvious enough?

Nov 3, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #1,485 of 1,582
A few months since I got my I3's and I still love them.

Gold undamped was my clear favorite - however one of the filters doesn't work at full capacity anymore, not sure why. Trinity says they will give me a replacement set of filters, we'll see, I sure hope so, because I really liked the sound with those.

I'm going with silver undamped for now as a replacement and I think these are quite nice too; the bass has a huge presence, and it sounds great for less textured/complex music .

For some reason, the stock cable it came with is utter ass and I can't get it to straighten out anymore. I just swapped in the cable that came with my Master and that works much better.

It's a shame Trinity has turned out the way that it has. I really, really enjoy these IEMs and I know they won't last forever. I would absolutely buy a second pair if I had more trust in the company/if they weren't discontinuing them. Ah well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back