TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
May 11, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #871 of 1,582

Yeah I've dropped them an email about it.

As to how the faceplate is cutting my ear, using Kombi tips the outermost part of the shell is almost resting on the antihelix/antitragus of my ears, so once in a while when the earphones move a bit the faceplate can touch the antihelix/antitragus.

Definitely not a fan of the shell design tbh, it's rather heavy to me as well.

May 11, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #872 of 1,582
I understand and it's a shame they don't fit everyone because they really are a sweet sounding iem!

May 12, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #874 of 1,582
That's great, but how can the female connector be both TRS and TRRS at the same time? The included single-ended cable is TRS on both ends.
I think you may be confused between female connectors at the source end, versus female connectors at the transducer end. Plugging in a male TRS into a female TRRS shorts two of the connections together. This is fine if they are the ground connections for the two transducers, but very bad if it is any two of the connections of the balanced source. So, balanced source = TRS bad (at either end), balanced transducers = TRS converting them to normal unbalanced.

May 12, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #876 of 1,582
Im considering selling my phantom masters 4 and 2 things are stopping me

I´ve gone through 4 different cables so far, always the same result, the connectors degrade and the left pod keeps coming loose, audio cuts out until you resit it and i´ve already fished it out of my pocket a few times since it came disconnected, Selling a IEM in this condition makes me uneasy.

The other issue is that since it was immidiatly discontinued to be redesigned due to all the quality control issues and design faults it might be a collectors item later on :wink:

May 12, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #877 of 1,582
Thanks! But I just got my Sabres 2nd hand today. I searched long and hard for them
No, that's great! Happy for you! Hope you like them, do let us all know what you think :D

May 12, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #878 of 1,582
I think you may be confused between female connectors at the source end, versus female connectors at the transducer end. Plugging in a male TRS into a female TRRS shorts two of the connections together. This is fine if they are the ground connections for the two transducers, but very bad if it is any two of the connections of the balanced source. So, balanced source = TRS bad (at either end), balanced transducers = TRS converting them to normal unbalanced.

Thanks for the clarification. I was not aware that a male TRS plug could be used successfully with a female TRRS connector. I did not think the physical locations of the contacts would line up appropriately for the R+ and L+ signals.

May 12, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #879 of 1,582
Im considering selling my phantom masters 4 and 2 things are stopping me

I´ve gone through 4 different cables so far, always the same result, the connectors degrade and the left pod keeps coming loose, audio cuts out until you resit it and i´ve already fished it out of my pocket a few times since it came disconnected, Selling a IEM in this condition makes me uneasy.

The other issue is that since it was immidiatly discontinued to be redesigned due to all the quality control issues and design faults it might be a collectors item later on :wink:

Hi @Aevum , my fix for the two pin connector has been spreading the pins out a little. I've had to do this with three of my two pin cables with great results:beerchug:

@SaltyGrub I may have missed your post but of all my Trinity's the Sabre is my most difficult fit and would have let you have them for $50 + ship had I known:wink:

May 12, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #881 of 1,582
Hi @Aevum , my fix for the two pin connector has been spreading the pins out a little. I've had to do this with three of my two pin cables with great results:beerchug:

@SaltyGrub I may have missed your post but of all my Trinity's the Sabre is my most difficult fit and would have let you have them for $50 + ship had I known:wink:

Anyways, I really like the fit, not the best, but I fell asleep with the Sabre's on and didn't have a sore ear when I woke up.

May 12, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #883 of 1,582
Received my Master today. No balanced cable but I did get a case.

First impression with the red filters is that they deliver a nice full, thumping sound. Very nice across the spectrum.

Last edited:
May 12, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #884 of 1,582
im still having fit and weight issues with my masters, maybe trinity isnt for me.

Bummer Aevum, is that even wearing them over ear? I really find over relieves weight issues, at least for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back