TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
May 4, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #811 of 1,582
May 4, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #812 of 1,582
That first link comes up "page not found" and the second for the KZ tips shows them with a gun barrel like twist to the interior of the clear mushroom shroud which mine don't have. Interesting though.

May 4, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #813 of 1,582
That first link and the ones that you have came with KZ ED10's. I may have to do what Keith did and send you a care package of tips:beerchug:

May 4, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #814 of 1,582
LOL Yeah Keith took pity on this old man when I expanded my horizons beyond my Senn cans in early '15.. Had no clue what tip rolling was but he set me straight. He uses large and had all these small and mediums sitting unused. Care package followed. That was how I glommed onto the Auvios.

Since you are in such a generous mood, I'll PM you my address! :beerchug: :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #816 of 1,582
UPDATE on the Kombi (M) tips:

To say I'm p***ed and frustrated would be an understatement. Sitting still they're great but get up and move around and they do the same d***ed thing the Auvios did. First they unseal and then just flat fall out of my ear. I wasted another $10. :frowning2: I have NEVER had a pair of IEMs this troublesome! Apparently the shell design and filter length just suck for me with all the tips I've tried thusfar. This no matter what angle I try. My search for some doable tips continues as I can't give up considering how great the SQ is. Twin ACstacks had sent me a "care package" over a year ago with tons of small and medium sized tips and I've plowed through most all of them so far.

$%^&*()_)(&^%$%^&*()_)(*&%$%^&*(!!!!@!!!!!!!

I'll be d**ned if I end up having to put duct tape over my ears to keep them in. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............

Have you tried using comply tips? I have the same problem with all my IEMs. I like them because they function similar to foam ear plugs where you can squeeze and roll it up between your fingers, insert them in your ear and they'll expand to the shape of your ear canal.

May 4, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #817 of 1,582
Have you tried using comply tips? I have the same problem with all my IEMs. I like them because they function similar to foam ear plugs where you can squeeze and roll it up between your fingers, insert them in your ear and they'll expand to the shape of your ear canal.
Althought comply tips are GREAT they cost like $20..for 1 pair..

May 4, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #818 of 1,582
Wow. I have had no issues with putting on these tips! The kombi don't seem to have a good detent and therefore don't seem to stay on the barrel. The large spin fits however work amazing and are not difficult at all to put on.

May 4, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #819 of 1,582
I have or should I say had pinnacle p1s and honestly I think the master are better , pinnacles are very balanced and lovely overall tone but lack low end for me, also masters have better soundstage/layering but not surprising being a multi driver compared to single driver pinnacle.
I loved my p1s but knew after hearing my master that once my hunter came that the pinnacles would probably sit in a drawer and become a bit redundant compared to my master and Hunter so I sold them to my friend.

Interesting. I basically agree with all of this, except the preference. I find the Masters have a bit too much low-end bloom for me and prefer the leaner P1 when it comes to sound signature alone. But, I think imaging and soundstage are better on the Masters. Both wonderful earphones though.

May 4, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #820 of 1,582
Have you tried using comply tips?

Yes, TwinACstacks sent a healthy quantity of them in the "care package" as they do not work at all for him. They didn't do it for me either unfortunately.

I've spent the last half hour trying to fit SpinFits on my Masters. It has been a struggle but I finally have managed. I had received a package (L,M,S,XS) from Trinity with an earlier IEM purchase. Right now I'm auditioning the M size (marked as12mm on the SpinfFit site) for seal, fit, and SQ.

I remain very disappointed that neither the Auvio Silicon widebore (M - the base measures as 11mm) or Kombis (M - 10mm spec'd on the TA site) do the trick. The KZ Whirlwind widebore (M - I measured as 10mm) up to now has been the most successful.

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #823 of 1,582
@Bob A (SD) Don't wish to rub salt, but it would be instructive to know - because it's potentially an issue for me - what the problem is.
Narrow canals? Small ears? Or something else unusual?
Thanks.

No unusual anatomy issues with my ears. I feel it is the shape of the Master itself as it doesn't "snug" in as securely in my outer ears as any of my other IEMs. Combine that with the slightly larger filter barrel diameter compared to the PM4 or even Technes for that matter and for me the result is fitment difficulties. The Masters for me rely much more on the tips to keep them secure in place than any of my other IEMs. That said the KZ wide bores and now even better, the medium SpinFits are allowing me to fully enjoy the Masters with secure seal and fit. [I've done some vigorous moving about and articulating my jaw to try to dislodge these tips which had been the issue with all the others I've tried. They're remaining in place thankfully!]

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #824 of 1,582
There's been lots of consolidation of the filter experiences (I've tried the Green... almost got rid of the annoying base drum vibration, but also a bit too lite on the bass overall), however...

Is there any way to consolidate experiences with tips on the Master? I can try some that I have, but knowing that X or Y tips give great isolation would be very nice to know. Then I can consider getting just X or Y instead of having to try 2x or 3x as many as came with the Master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back