TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
May 4, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #796 of 1,582
LOL, you got to be old to know a boner was a joke for us old schooler's now everyone get their heads out the gutter!

IMHO the P-1 is the best all around iem I own, just everything seems and sounds right with them. Of course for price my Havi B3 Pro 1's are still the best Audiophile sound for the money one can buy but most are turned off now because of their cracking issues but with a solid but transparent amp the B3 is killer to this day.

May 4, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #797 of 1,582
Are those MEE Pinnacle P-1s that good?

We won't talk about your boner here! LOL

I have or should I say had pinnacle p1s and honestly I think the master are better , pinnacles are very balanced and lovely overall tone but lack low end for me, also masters have better soundstage/layering but not surprising being a multi driver compared to single driver pinnacle.
I loved my p1s but knew after hearing my master that once my hunter came that the pinnacles would probably sit in a drawer and become a bit redundant compared to my master and Hunter so I sold them to my friend.

May 4, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #798 of 1,582
I think a lot of my appeal to the P-1 are fit (comfort), for sure SQ and the simplicity of it all. I may come to love the Masters more but at this point with so little time on them I'll say I'm reserving judgement. Every time I say I'm going to stop something like the MassDrop NobleX comes along and I think I'm just going to have to see what that BA house sound is all about!

May 4, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #799 of 1,582
I think a lot of my appeal to the P-1 are fit (comfort), for sure SQ and the simplicity of it all. I may come to love the Masters more but at this point with so little time on them I'll say I'm reserving judgement. Every time I say I'm going to stop something like the MassDrop NobleX comes along and I think I'm just going to have to see what that BA house sound is all about!

I have to give it to you there we are both definitely in agreement ! the p1s are probably the best fit and most comfortable IEM i have ever owned you could sleep with them in your ears and never know.

May 4, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #800 of 1,582
The Masters with the Walnut V2 dap - surprisingly - amazing synergy, really enjoying this pairing maybe more than the Masters with Pono at the moment. (However - when the Masters' balanced cables appear, I'm sure the Masters will be even more awesome.)

May 4, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #801 of 1,582
UPDATE on the Kombi (M) tips:

To say I'm p***ed and frustrated would be an understatement. Sitting still they're great but get up and move around and they do the same d***ed thing the Auvios did. First they unseal and then just flat fall out of my ear. I wasted another $10. :frowning2: I have NEVER had a pair of IEMs this troublesome! Apparently the shell design and filter length just suck for me with all the tips I've tried thusfar. This no matter what angle I try. My search for some doable tips continues as I can't give up considering how great the SQ is. Twin ACstacks had sent me a "care package" over a year ago with tons of small and medium sized tips and I've plowed through most all of them so far.

$%^&*()_)(&^%$%^&*()_)(*&%$%^&*(!!!!@!!!!!!!

I'll be d**ned if I end up having to put duct tape over my ears to keep them in. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #802 of 1,582
Dang, that really sux Bob, Have you tried and I wonder if they (I call them Shure Plugz) would fit over those big tips and work for you? They are great for deep insertion!

Shure Plugz.JPG

May 4, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #803 of 1,582
Just received my Kombi (M) tips and the missing faceplate screwdriver/screw package. Changed from the black carbon fiber to red plates on both sides. Found, thankfully, that the Kombi tips install easily on the Master filter barrels. Was somewhat surprised that these tips are not big bore like the supplied memory foam tips but more of a medium bore. So far so good in that they fit and seal fine. Still disappointed that my favored Auvio (M) tips don't stay seated in my ears on the Master unlike the Techne, PM4, IE500, VSD3s, etc. Go figure.... :frowning2:

Don't try putting small kombi tips on the Vyrus v.2 filters unless you want cramp in your hands! Eventually I got them on, but man the struggle was immense! Still done now and hopefully I don't need to change the filters any time soon!

May 4, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #804 of 1,582
I'm sure I read someone on here saying they needed a bigger size than usual in the kombi tips. Just can't remember who it was

May 4, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #805 of 1,582
Dang, that really sux Bob, Have you tried and I wonder if they (I call them Shure Plugz) would fit over those big tips and work for you? They are great for deep insertion!

There are some like that in the "care package" but they don't work for me. Closest so far are some shallow big bore clear jobs with baby blue barrels. No clue what make or model.
VJMz5Df.jpg

May 4, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #806 of 1,582
UPDATE on the Kombi (M) tips:

To say I'm p***ed and frustrated would be an understatement. Sitting still they're great but get up and move around and they do the same d***ed thing the Auvios did. First they unseal and then just flat fall out of my ear. I wasted another $10. :frowning2: I have NEVER had a pair of IEMs this troublesome! Apparently the shell design and filter length just suck for me with all the tips I've tried thusfar. This no matter what angle I try. My search for some doable tips continues as I can't give up considering how great the SQ is. Twin ACstacks had sent me a "care package" over a year ago with tons of small and medium sized tips and I've plowed through most all of them so far.

$%^&*()_)(&^%$%^&*()_)(*&%$%^&*(!!!!@!!!!!!!

I'll be d**ned if I end up having to put duct tape over my ears to keep them in. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............
I'm in the same boat Bob. The only tips I can get good sound out of is the included larger of the two foam tips. I had the same problem with the PM4 and returned them. I tried switching to the original Vyrus gold filter and then going through the various tips, Auvio, spinfit, spiral dot and some double flange. The fit was a bit better but not as good as the foams. It is the shape of the iem that dosen't allow the nozzle to go completely in. I have high hopes for the Icarus because the nozzle looks longer. If you really want to frustrate yourself put the Auvios on and hold them with your fingers and see how good they sound.

May 4, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #807 of 1,582
There are some like that in the "care package" but they don't work for me. Closest so far are some shallow big bore clear jobs with baby blue barrels. No clue what make or model.
VJMz5Df.jpg

I got some of those I never use Bob, let me know if you want me to mail them to you:thumbsup:

Capt J, how are the Vyrus II's? Just ordered a pair so I can give my VY 1's to my 13 year old:slight_smile:

May 4, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #808 of 1,582
I too had a major problem getting a secure fit with my Master. I normally use SpinFit's or Kombi tips, but neither worked properly. Several days ago I ordered a 4 pair pack of L three flange tips from Earphones Plus per Amazon. They fit deeper than any other tips, seal much better, and I don't have to turn up the volume as far. But, they only slightly have a better seal. For me anyway, the Master does not have a long enough nozzle to fit my ears. I still will use these tips as they are better than anything else I have tried.

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #809 of 1,582
I got some of those I never use Bob, let me know if you want me to mail them to you:thumbsup:

Do you know what they are? If they are still working in a few days I may just take you up on that offer!

ncristia,
Oh I already know how good they sound with the Auvios :) These unknowns I've pictures are fairly close.

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #810 of 1,582

Capt J, how are the Vyrus II's? Just ordered a pair so I can give my VY 1's to my 13 year old:slight_smile:

Vyrus v.2 are absolutely brilliant, unless like me, you need to fit the small kombi tips and then prepare for a struggle!
Otherwise they sound detailed with a nice soundstage that it's easy to pick out individual instruments obviously tuning depends on your preference for whichever filter (black one for me) So a resounding thumbs up from me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back