TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Mar 28, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #229 of 1,582
I guess these are just rendering pictures and pre-prototype. May look different in the future. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #230 of 1,582
Mar 28, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #233 of 1,582
I ordered just so I locked one in, I'll decide whether to go through with the purchase or cancel when I find out more. If it's just a Bluetooth DAC then it's useless to me, I'm after an alternative to a dragonfly black or something along the lines.

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #234 of 1,582
I would flip out if my IEM's had scratches on it like that. :mad:

You can thank the company their coating on pm4 wears off, started to come off in two days scince new

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #235 of 1,582
I can't decide between the Icarus and the master. I haven't heard anything by trinity so the quote about the two don't really help. The push/pull transducer on the master sounds interesting, but I have no idea what kind of sound that imparts. On the other hand I know I like larger dynamic drivers with their bass impact and lower extension (typically). They otherwise seem to both be 1-1 hybrids with the same cables, body material, and accessories.

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #236 of 1,582
I can't decide between the Icarus and the master. I haven't heard anything by trinity so the quote about the two don't really help. The push/pull transducer on the master sounds interesting, but I have no idea what kind of sound that imparts. On the other hand I know I like larger dynamic drivers with their bass impact and lower extension (typically). They otherwise seem to both be 1-1 hybrids with the same cables, body material, and accessories.

No one knows what's the dif really. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #238 of 1,582
No one knows what's the dif really. 

I'm assuming the master will sound like the PM4. Ugh from a tech standpoint the master sounds cooler.

I guess the Icarus is a smart buy with the discount code. Aren't any other hybrid IEMs with balanced cables for $100.

The bummer is that they're both limited runs so I can't buy one then another later - the master may have sold out by then.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #239 of 1,582
I'm assuming the master will sound like the PM4. Ugh from a tech standpoint the master sounds cooler.

I guess the Icarus is a smart buy with the discount code. Aren't any other hybrid IEMs with balanced cables for $100.

The bummer is that they're both limited runs so I can't buy one then another later - the master may have sold out by then.

FWIW  - Bob had described the Icarus 3 as emotional and not the most technical. This can be interpreted in many different ways so I'm not going to assume anything.   
Unfortunately there are no frequency graphs, comparisons or impressions yet so no one can tell really.  Your guess is as good as mine. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #240 of 1,582

Well, l look at it differently. I don't always buy based on price. Balanced cable and limited run are meaningless if you don't like the sound nor the fit. 
For a $100 you are basically taking a flyer since no one can tell you how they sound or you can buy something that has more reviews and info. 

why would they do a limited production run on the Master and Icarus 3?
Bob said in his Q&A vid that after they kept changing they finally got to the point where it is as good as possible so no more constant changes moving forward. Last week he also mentioned that he is not going to do pre-orders anymore so it's safe to assume these will be around for a while as the middle of the road models.
If they are good and popular there is no reason to discontinue them so quickly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back