Trinity Delta Review by mark2410
Dec 21, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #31 of 40
got trinity delta today and nope im not disapointed

what stands out is build is very good, tips are good quality, build is good quality and like small remote with mic!! very good

sound, i can see why people who sold delta didnt like midbass, too much midbass. as a bass head i approve, and mids are up front making singer vocals very nice. so what we have is bass and mids. as for quality of bass at first listen i didnt feel it was super good quality bass. kind of sloppy, but duno im super picky about bass, if its not perfect its always off.
sounstage is very large.

in comparison to fidue a73, no sibilance on delta, mids are more upfront on delta than on fidue a73, on fidue a73 it is good but a little ressesed but not as ressesed as on amperiors. headphones i degress.
bass is more on delta than a73, bass quality on delta is either same or better not sure right now but im a bass head so i approve midbass. not much subbass though, its good but not prominent.
microdetails are very good on delta, fells like music is coming from a concert venue rather than headphones.
good stuff, thank you trinity, not sisapointed at all.
i was dancing on initial listen of them and my dad saw me dance was embaracing lol

i expect questions which is better a73 or delta im not sure, for technical aspect im not sure yet but for preference i prefer delta, more bass, mids and highs are not up front. highs i dont hear airiness as on a73, but i only listen to stock filters right now, only got it. will update on different filters. but i dont feel its lacking! high sounds smooth. disco sound.

by the way i listen on cozoy aegis dac.
and also delta are less sensitive than a73, on a73 it was difficult to listen on cozoy aegis at lowest volume, but with delta and cozoy aegis its on 10 from 16 notches of volume on iphone, more than half, i listen to four notches with cozoy on iphone with cx8
if r2a is harder to drive than delta i thought r2a would be like delta is. but anyway, they work well for pop who likes bass!! hihi
video review and a better review to follow.

Feb 1, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #32 of 40
Question? Right now I'm using a Fiio 12a amp, with either my iPhone 4s and ipod nano 3rd gen as the source. Earphones are meelectronic m6, Zero audio tenors and the basso, as well as the RHA t10i.

I just ordered a pair of Deltas and was wondering if spending money on something like the Fiio X1, or maybe the x3 2nd, would be money well spent?

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #33 of 40
Personally don't think so. Have the Delta's and pair them with my HTC 9. For an extra kick listen via Tidal with a fiio Kunlun Dac / amp. Of course this is all ok if you are streaming. Btw.. Just received the gold filters from Trinity and they add more detail but had to tip roll to get my preferred sq.

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #34 of 40
I managed to get the original trinity deltas on eBay for £45. Thought it would be a good way of testing the TA sound as i am interested in the Master 6s. I'm using it with my Xduoo X3 and my normal IEMs are the excellent Dunu Titan 1s.

After finding a tip that I felt fit right and was similar to my usual size i tried first the silver filter. Clear but sibilant, very nice bass. But not as "fun" as i thought, nowhere near my Titan 1. Then the purple one... too much treble ouch. Bit downhearted now. Then I tried the gun metal one.

This one got me interested straight away... i noticed firstly that music had a great weight that i only got from over ears. This was a rich smooth sound as reviewed, a sound i wasn't used to. At first I thought it was lacking in detail but i gave it a chance. Then on came Songbird from Eva Cassidy. A song and artist i thought was a bit overrated tbh. But BOOM... the weight, texture and power in her voice took me off guard. Nice and forward, the instruments sitting just nicely. I then tried some Queen and slowly I started hearing bass far more musical than I normally did with IEMs, with notes bending in and out. Then the detail started coming through and not just mids, all through the spectrum was great, a more subtle clarity i feel. Not just HiFi Man re400 boring hyper mid clarity. Vocals are soooo natural. The gun metal filter makes these earphones shine, but i feel the other two (for me) are very lacking. i can maybe see why some folk would like the silver one, but the purple... nah, not for me.

These are thankfully something very different to my Titan 1s, so i am very happy and can jump between the two as per my mood.

Masters next then!

May 1, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #36 of 40
  That's a great price. Glad you like them. Why not get the gold filters. My personal favorite.

Can you buy individual filters? i don't see that on the website.

Yeah, the price i paid compared to the sound is phenomenal. I was starting to think the bass response was a bit overpowering and made things a bit too thick sounding but once i went to the smaller comply tips it transformed the sound further into something... magical! The slightly further distance from speaker made the sound open up and more accurate. Just like most headphones it takes a while for your ear to adjust, especially coming from a different sound signature.The best things about these is I'm hearing songs FAR MORE musical than usual. The details aren't the pin point kind, they are detailed in that the overall presentation comes alive. Everything sounds connected and in sync, everything compliments each other. Vocals are sublime at times. Freddie Mercury's voice is so rich and powerful and very articulate. Now i hear all the consonants clearly.

Paying £45 is great, but I'd pay circa £100 easily.

I'm looking forward to the Masters.

May 1, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #37 of 40
Hi Harry, Re the gold filters... just shoot Bob an email am sure he will help you out. Ahh the late great Freddie must revisit his and Queen's music. Yep, cant wait for the masters too. I listen to most of my music on the go would be great for Trinity to develop an on ear phone. 
beerchug.gif

May 1, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #38 of 40
ye i agree its good sound. i bought two iems delta and r2a, delta have plenty detail but not as much as r2a i think delta have nice 3d presentation of music layering is very good and i could tell what direction sounds instruments come from. which i havent heared on others. where it felt short is i couldnt understand how a dedicated bass dynamic driver couldnt produce good bass in quality. they are quite bassy iem which i do like just not sure how couldnt it be better in texture. not airy but im not looking for that my ears are sensitive and not sibilant. secound i couldnt understand how it is a hibrid and doesnt manage to pull same amount of detail as ve monk for 7 euro. now that most single iems sound quite plain and flat very little layering in comparison to delta, but i find single driver flows better more coherent although more simple. hibrids tent to sound overengineered but at same time i dont understand why it doesnt sound more resolving as more simple aingle dinamic iems. but i guess its difficult to make drivers that flow well together. a2 sony is another i had i liked delta more cause of 3d sound. im not sure if i should buy new iem by the company. design is good but i find back hole gets blocked by finger fat over use since its right at back. design is small but chunky. i kept the tips which i use on r2a, but i do like the 3d audio. also as with most iems you need a good dac to get best audio from it. overal recommended by 80 percent for 90 euro. for 60 euro recommend 100 percent. quite descent iem eapecially for those who like bassy iems. give this to any beats fan and they will buy this iem especially with good dac
im thinking on buying it again, vsd3s is another one i liked for the bass but it broke on its own so im not sure about it either. might buy both cause both i liked. r2a is more of a flat precice sound you hear every microdetail. this is what i imagined sennheiser hd800 or layla sound from mojo delta and vsd3s is more in between presice and fun bassy sound. if anyone has delta or other new iem by the brand for good price let me know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back