TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II
Apr 22, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #155 of 489
So... I'm not sure I've seen this part explained:

On the site I see a bunch of new dynamic 7mm drivers: the Deltav2 has an updated neodynium driver (old one was an 8mm), the Vyrus has a neodynium titanium driver, and the Sabre has Titanuim drivers

Any more details? 
cool.gif
 I like getting nerdy about details

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #156 of 489
Just got my Deltas! Gonna enjoy them for the rest of my life
tongue.gif
nah, just kidding, gonna try my hand at giving some impressions :)

Thats awesome. But don't make the sound too good or I might get these over the Master 6.  LOL

Seriously, would love to know the comfort and how the cable feels against the ear.

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #157 of 489
Thats awesome. But don't make the sound too good or I might get these over the Master 6.  LOL

Seriously, would love to know the comfort and how the cable feels against the ear.

First hour or so into these, and I can see the amount of detail and seperation in these, and I'm still sitting on the default Gunmetal filters. Definitely something special for the price I paid, and I've yet to find anything that comes close to it. Mids are amazing clear and bass is also clean without drowning out everything else. Highs are not overly bright, and maybe I'll need a different filter to bring them forward slightly, but they're suitable and don't cause much fatigue, and YMMV! My ears are loving them for now, and it's gonna be a long time before I manage to try all the filters out.

Comfort wise, they're not very heavy, so it sits nicely in the ear. As for the housing, I wouldn't sleep with them in my ears, but they're nicely flushed to my earlobes.

Cable comfort is alright, not noticeable as it's not a memory wire, so nothing much to comment on it. YMMV! Has slight microphonics, but that's what the provided clip is for, so crisis averted :)

Many thanks Bob! Hoping to grab myself a Phantom Master 6 as an investment :wink:

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #160 of 489
I've listened to the v2's a lot this weekend. Even tried some other filters just to make sure I wasn't missing out or anything. Gunmetal has always been my favorite (love neutral) but the gold ones with dampeners for a little more sparkle are nice as well (jazz, 30's-50s). As soon as the HD 600's start hurting my brainpan, I switch to the Delta's on my Aune T1. Love the braided cable, comfortable wear.. As soon as the BT-module arrives I'm done: the only iem I need in & around my house (Delta 1's on the road/at work). Love my Trinity gear..can't recommend it enough
dt880smile.png
I did run into a small cosmetic issue (glue residue) that I cannot seem to fix 100%, but Bob kindly offered to send me a new pair and it's shipped out today: customer service ++
Love this brand
beerchug.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #161 of 489
  I've listened to the v2's a lot this weekend. Even tried some other filters just to make sure I wasn't missing out or anything. Gunmetal has always been my favorite (love neutral) but the gold ones with dampeners for a little more sparkle are nice as well (jazz, 30's-50s). As soon as the HD 600's start hurting my brainpan, I switch to the Delta's on my Aune T1. Love the braided cable, comfortable wear.. As soon as the BT-module arrives I'm done: the only iem I need in & around my house (Delta 1's on the road/at work). Love my Trinity gear..can't recommend it enough
dt880smile.png
I did run into a small cosmetic issue (glue residue) that I cannot seem to fix 100%, but Bob kindly offered to send me a new pair and it's shipped out today: customer service ++
Love this brand
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the input, Dutch!

One thing I believe no one said yet concerns the isolation they provide. How is it?

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #162 of 489
Just got my Delta V-II's in and these are F@#$ing amazing!!  Nothing is skimped on and the sound!!!!
ksc75smile.gif
  They are better than the hype.  BOB you son of a gun!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

and on the "fun" filters...  never felt a bass rumble like that while retaining the clarity of sound... lolol  love that feeling.

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #164 of 489
I just received mine. Nice shipping packaging, great product presentation and box(stinks about the misprint, thanks for not delaying!!!) So far, I just finished up Miles Davis' Kind of Blue FLAC.  Great sound stage for an IEM, able to place the instruments; very detailed with great sizzle from the cymbals; detailed, percussive bass and drums; sax and trumpet sound as recorded.  Can't wait to dive into the rest of my catalog across genres.  Right out of the box, color me impressed.

Bob, it was worth the wait.  Congratulations on a fine product!

P.S. Thank you for including Spinfits, they take forever to get here in the US. (this is incorrect, sorry for the confusion. Some of the included tips resemble SpinFits and I had some on another set that I was A/B'ing)

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #165 of 489
  Thanks for the input, Dutch!
One thing I believe no one said yet concerns the isolation they provide. How is it?

My pleasure.
I prefer using foam tips, those things isolate like crazy, but when using the double flanged tips they also seal off my inner ear pretty well. The shells stay nicely put in my ears, and I'm an M-tip size person if that's relevant. And they do not feel too isolating, you know..that feeling when you can hear your own heartbeat kinda isolation and your ears warm up from the inside? Not an issue. My inner ear is sensitive to pressure/heat/cold and I can wear these iems without any discomfort (as long as you don't force me to use the silver filters
wink.gif

Anything in particular you need me to try? Won't make a handstand with them or anything, it has to be -sitting behind desk- related listening
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back