Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly wireless in ear monitor.
Apr 24, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #241 of 317
So far none of the backers who have reported receiving the airs has stated no dro outs with only one says he was fine with them and the rest saying the air were unusable. Now how this translate into only few reported the problem, fearless, baffles me. I guess this week many more will receive he AIR and we can have a better idea of how bad the drop outs really are.

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #242 of 317
For people with enormous bobble-heads, you may want to look into BT earbuds that use NFC for between-bud communication. Very stable and not affected by your excess watery bits like bluetooth 
regular_smile .gif

Now... to find buds like that with stable bud-to-device connection and decent sound quality... may be a challenge

So far none of the backers who have reported receiving the airs has stated no dro outs with only one says he was fine with them and the rest saying the air were unusable. Now how this translate into only few reported the problem, fearless, baffles me. I guess this week many more will receive he AIR and we can have a better idea of how bad the drop outs really are.

I should have 2 pair arriving today... I'll be sure to post about this

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #245 of 317
This thread has been awfully quiet for over two months... Any real news?
Nope. I don't know of any recent email or Trinity blog updates (other than the one from a week ago saying the Icarus III is supposed to start shipping tomorrow) and there definitely hasn't been any KS update which is honestly what I'm really interested in because I have a pledge for the Air.

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #248 of 317
Personally, I could live with that, but I need to actually receive them first.....

I would be extremely unhappy. Less than 2 hours is a far cry from 3-4 hours. 110 minutes doesn't even get me through a long session at the gym or mowing/trimming the lawn. At that point I could have saved money and just bought any one of a zillion cheapo chinese BT sets or a dongle.

Jun 29, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #249 of 317
I would be extremely unhappy. Less than 2 hours is a far cry from 3-4 hours. 110 minutes doesn't even get me through a long session at the gym or mowing/trimming the lawn. At that point I could have saved money and just bought any one of a zillion cheapo chinese BT sets or a dongle.
I can see that time limit being an issue for you. It's okay in my use scenario because I'd mostly be using for commuting which takes 1.5 hours at most. But your activities are longer so you'd need something with better battery life, a thing you can find in abundance now compared to a couple years ago. I figured I could expect maybe 2 hours even when they first quoted 3-4 hours before all these issues came to light, but you've gotta wonder why Trinity's implementation is so much more power-inefficient than others.

Jun 30, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #250 of 317
FYI, there's now the Zolo Liberty+ wireless IEMs on Kickstarter... an Anker incubator company claiming, as they all do, to have solved all the problems and have great sound with graphene drivers. USD$89 or 99 as I recall, shipping in October.

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #251 of 317
FYI, there's now the Zolo Liberty+ wireless IEMs on Kickstarter... an Anker incubator company claiming, as they all do, to have solved all the problems and have great sound with graphene drivers. USD$89 or 99 as I recall, shipping in October.
Cheapest available now is the $109 KS Car Charger tier now. The $99 one is all gone already. But I may back it. Just to have something else to compare to the Air if/when that shows up. Anker may be accurate about their battery claims since they seem to have a good handle on battery sourcing with their connections doing portable battery banks. I might give it a shot. How'd you find out they were Anker-backed?

Jul 3, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #252 of 317
For people with enormous bobble-heads, you may want to look into BT earbuds that use NFC for between-bud communication. Very stable and not affected by your excess watery bits like bluetooth
regular_smile .gif

Now... to find buds like that with stable bud-to-device connection and decent sound quality... may be a challenge

I should have 2 pair arriving today... I'll be sure to post about this

I was mistaken back then, BTW....

I haven't gotten the Air yet. Kinda glad, happy to have the revised ones when they get here

Jul 3, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #253 of 317
Cheapest available now is the $109 KS Car Charger tier now. The $99 one is all gone already. But I may back it. Just to have something else to compare to the Air if/when that shows up. Anker may be accurate about their battery claims since they seem to have a good handle on battery sourcing with their connections doing portable battery banks. I might give it a shot. How'd you find out they were Anker-backed?
The $99 option is back now. We'll see how they work come October.

Jul 3, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #254 of 317
If anyone is looking for a case that better fits the larger Trinity IEMs like the Master and PM4, HERE is the one I'm using and after you take the slotted insert out, it's perfect for my Masters.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back