tricked by your 'phones?
Dec 2, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #16 of 30
lol the one about the rain made me laugh.

but yea, this happens a LOT with a lot of electronic music i listen to. there's this one song that's recorded binaurally and it's trance...the sound of the woman goes behind your head from left to right, i can almost feel her breath on my neck, it's makes me so uncomfortable...in a good way, not sure how to describe it, it's just so real. i look back EVERY time.

(using dt990), doesn't happen with my iems.

Dec 2, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #17 of 30
Cake - Walk On By (KSC75)

I repeatedly thought someone was yelling at me from near the door, spooky to say the least!

Dec 2, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #19 of 30
Plus the "Oh my god! Those are just my 'phones?!" moment is to die for
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #20 of 30
not just with headphones. I have had it happen with car stereos and home stereos too. to the point I got very freaked out. your head does that quick jerk to see what the h@ll..

I remember a night twenty plus years back a bud and me were driving down a long dark road and we had been partaking a bit. it was late at night and we were pretty much the only car on the road. I was getting engrossed in REM's Chronic Town that I had just recently bought when I got spooked as h@ll from a background noise in the recording of Wolves Lower. I liked to have flipped for a second..

Dec 2, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #22 of 30
Just last night:

Genesis
Fly On A Windshield
The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

There is some drumming that sounds like tapping on a door. I've only listened to the album once before, as it was purchased recently. So I wasn't expecting it. Scared the living hell out of me. I thought someone was in the backyard banging on the side of the house.

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #23 of 30
Listening to Pink Floyd. Almost every time.

Dec 3, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #24 of 30
Just about everybody I've let listen to the 1st song on that ultasone demo album with my k501's spins around in their chair. That clarinet sounds likes it in another room. Definetely helps people appreciate a decent set of cans.

Dec 3, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a certain beep in the background of an infected mushroom song that sounds behind you and so out of place, I look back every time just about before getting embarrassed .
frown.gif

This happens at least once a week.

EDIT: Infected Mushroom - Special Place

Infected Mushroom is amazing with good iems. When I play them on my er-4s, it feels like all that crazy stuff is in my head.

Dec 4, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by widdors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just about everybody I've let listen to the 1st song on that ultasone demo album with my k501's spins around in their chair. That clarinet sounds likes it in another room. Definetely helps people appreciate a decent set of cans.

Oooh, I forgot about that one! Excellent pick. That is Sileypud by New Haranni Poison Mixers, if I'm not mistaken.

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #28 of 30
I was listening to Loveless, Godless, Flawless (The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Armageddon March Eternal) on the bus-ride home, and I'd not heard it through my E4s before. At the spoken-word part, I literally jumped out of my seat--sounded like someone was whispering directly into my ear, and most frighteningly, through the perfect seal that I had.

Yeah. I got a few looks.

Dec 4, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #29 of 30
Today, actually. Twice! I've been using the song Dorian by Demons and Wizards to test out various EQ settings, and every time the guy speaks in the bridge, I think someone's behind me talking.

Grado sr60
Shure E2C
Cowon D2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back