TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Aug 11, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #2,821 of 3,867
That's a much better setup than mine, mine is more, "hide how many pairs I have from my wife" organized in a drawer in individual cases.... I hear the mangird xenns up is a really really good pair as well. I should try the tea too, but I feel like next time I pay myself, the xenns up will be coming my way since I'm going back into the office.....
My setup, like yours is, each to its case, for "grab and go" convenience! Which means cables as not as well organised as @Igcubana's setup.

but I feel like next time I pay myself, the xenns up

You must be self-employed then....I know that feeling....if someone does not pay on time.....you are the last to be paid, can sometimes be good but not easy!

Xenns Up sounds very interesting.

Aug 11, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #2,822 of 3,867
My setup, like yours is, each to its case, for "grab and go" convenience! Which means cables as not as well organised as @Igcubana's setup.

You must be self-employed then....I know that feeling....if someone does not pay on time.....you are the last to be paid, can sometimes be good but not easy!

Xenns Up sounds very interesting.
Nah, I've got a day job working for the man, but the fun money is coming from my crypto mining now. I decided on a one to one (4.4mm) cable ratio a while back. So any other cables, original 3.5mm, old 2.5mm, xlrs, etcetera are in original boxes while the 4.4mm cables are all attached to pairs in the cases.

As a hoarder, it's hard for me to convince myself to get rid of anything, and that includes ethereum I've mined, so I don't like to "pay" myself for expenses or power when I think that it will be worth a lot more in the long run.

Covid has been great for side hustles.... But not for my IEM listening time since I'm not in my office. Back to the office in September though, so good timing on these.

Aug 12, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #2,824 of 3,867
For those who are interested in the Starlights and have faith in what Zeos has to say....he just declared (again) his love for the TRI Starlights (in his review of the Fiio UTWS3).

He must have good taste in earphones, and to my ears the Starlights are just brilliant and technically outstanding.

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #2,825 of 3,867
For those who are interested in the Starlights and have faith in what Zeos has to say....he just declared (again) his love for the TRI Starlights (in his review of the Fiio UTWS3).

He must have good taste in earphones, and to my ears the Starlights are just brilliant and technically outstanding.
They may graph a bit funny and be considered a little bright, but the reviews are generally positive all around, so there must be something good going on with that set.

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #2,826 of 3,867
They may graph a bit funny and be considered a little bright, but the reviews are generally positive all around, so there must be something good going on with that set.
The 8k peak is referred to as an issue for some and I have no doubt it is a genuine issue for some. Our fellow head-fier, @Cyberthingy has had to use EQ to tame the 8k peak.

My experience is different, I love them as they are and my ears are in perfectly good shape, judging by how much my ears pick up compared to those around me.

I believe the individual's preferred genre of music and sensibilities (physical not emotional) may play a significant role.

Aug 12, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #2,827 of 3,867
I believe I do have some sensitivity to that 8K region. I am 58 YO and probably have diminished hearing commensurate with my age. The Starlight does have a boost in that region that just is overwhelming to me. I have had other poorly tuned IEMs that had similar peaks but had nowhere near the technicalities of the Starlight. These things just have details in spades and by reducing the 8K with EQ I still get those details but just less intensity. Amazing set.

Aug 12, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #2,828 of 3,867

Still waiting for the next big ali express sale. Lol. I hope starlight wont overlap with MEST too much.

Aug 12, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #2,829 of 3,867
I believe I do have some sensitivity to that 8K region. I am 58 YO and probably have diminished hearing commensurate with my age. The Starlight does have a boost in that region that just is overwhelming to me. I have had other poorly tuned IEMs that had similar peaks but had nowhere near the technicalities of the Starlight. These things just have details in spades and by reducing the 8K with EQ I still get those details but just less intensity. Amazing set.
Well I am 24 and I think the 8k peak of starlight is always bothering me since they so obvious,haha ,people have different ears.but the rest performance of starlight satisfy me well.

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #2,830 of 3,867
Well I am 24 and I think the 8k peak of starlight is always bothering me since they so obvious,haha ,people have different ears.but the rest performance of starlight satisfy me well.
Glad to know I am not the only one with an issue with the 8K peak. Tame it with some EQ and it really shines.

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #2,831 of 3,867
Glad to know I am not the only one with an issue with the 8K peak. Tame it with some EQ and it really shines.
Actually I don't use starlight for a long time because I think kbear believe do have a more natural sound and timbre, but I lost my believe recently so I have no choice. The 8k peak of starlight is performanced by EST, EST is different from DD as there are a lot of ways to effect DD but no ways to EST. I like DD or planar more and more for their smooth and linear.

Aug 14, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #2,832 of 3,867
Actually I don't use starlight for a long time because I think kbear believe do have a more natural sound and timbre, but I lost my believe recently so I have no choice. The 8k peak of starlight is performanced by EST, EST is different from DD as there are a lot of ways to effect DD but no ways to EST. I like DD or planar more and more for their smooth and linear.
+1 for the Believe, very natural sound.

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #2,835 of 3,867
Well ... I'm not a fan of planar, it's not usually my favourite signature but I really like Kbear's stuff. With the addition of the DD there I'm starting to want to try them in the past... Then there was the new I3 pro graphic.

Finally, I ordered them. I will give you my feedback when I get them. Can't wait !
Fair warning (unless the science has changed), the original i3 required 150 -200 hrs. break in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back